News Apple News: $400 Mac Pro Wheels Don't Have Brakes

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
I understand professional things come with pro-level prices, but $400 could afford me two sets of wheels for my car, that's 8 of them.. complete with nitrogen air, polish, spooring and whatnot..

BadBoyGreek

Distinguished
First it was the $1,000 monitor stand, now $400 wheels. Enough is enough... Apple needs to get off the crack and stop gouging its customers. 100% ZERO reason for these to cost as much as they do other than sheer GREED.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Enough is enough... Apple needs to get off the crack and stop gouging its customers. 100% ZERO reason for these to cost as much as they do other than sheer GREED.
Clearly, you care more for Apple's customers than Apple does. In Apple's defense, if people keep paying, why would they stop screwing them?

I think Apple's customers have a submissive streak. They love to complain about getting fleeced, but they still pay up. Even though they "know" that expensive doesn't mean something is good, they believe it cannot be good if it's not expensive. So, Apple stuff has to be pricey, right?

In the end, they might even feel it's a small price to pay for admission to an exclusive set. For the rest of us, it just marks them out as someone with more dollars than sense.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
One more thought: consider that Apple is one of the richest companies in the world, but dominates none of the markets it's in. I submit that you don't make that work by being generous.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I have stiff wheels without brakes for my computer. A somewhat soft floor cover is more than sufficient to hold it in place.

... for exactly what kind of car do you get wheels + tires + all of that service for $50/wheel?
I get that for my r/c drift car... :)
y4mNdf0lrW0ZkpMPetExYlSOQo7IY3YgsPB9ROTRvWddTPlgwBGmiuC-08_J0tXjDGb335ppSARKvfBQWIoFuGZAWZytoUBDIgSNjTCwOMS4wWLTEk5TJ2Y78Um8HSeczUDumpKSsMb9HIGEbESNXnXEgi9jLP8lx6oDeg-IZkqVsjwsAQH8T_EGoCSkVRlTyBH

Reactions: bit_user

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
Um, for exactly what kind of car do you get wheels + tires + all of that service for $50/wheel? I'm happy if I can pay $100 just for a tire.

Legit that's what I paid for my old Escudo. They're bridgestone tires and some 'locally-made' rims (the rims are pretty much 'free bonus). They hold up well though. Back then being the cheapskate that I was, anything that gets the car rolling is a deal for me.

Heck, that's not all. The guy even offered a 'HKS' muffler (note the apostrophes) as a token of appreciation or something, free of charge. I refused though. Just doesn't sound right.

In hindsight, I'm lucky still alive in one piece..

Reactions: bit_user

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Legit that's what I paid for my old Escudo. They're bridgestone tires and some 'locally-made' rims (the rims are pretty much 'free bonus). They hold up well though. Back then being the cheapskate that I was, anything that gets the car rolling is a deal for me.
OMG! Yeah, 'locally-made' ... yikes!

It's not the "getting rolling" part I'd be most concerned about. More like staying rolling, not having a catastrophic failure when you hit a pothole, tire leaks, and not failing at speed or under hard cornering or braking.

In hindsight, I'm lucky still alive in one piece..
For sure.

TRENDING THREADS