News Apple Now Facing Class Action Suit for Cracked M1 MacBook Screens

but were caused by mishandling or by a small item or particle becoming lodged between the keyboard and screen.

if a literal particle can crack screen from being between screen adn keyboard.....thats a design problem not an end user problem. it is legit 100% impossible to keep a particle out of something in a non controlled room.

Reactions: RodroX
May 21, 2021
This was inevitable for Apple, they’ve always prioritized artistry over function and they’ve finally gone too far. How can you use something that is meant to be portable if it can’t survive being put in a laptop bag, backpack, or simply closing the lid with something as common as a fallen strand of hair between the palm rest and screen. That’s absolutely ridiculous…..

Hrunga Zmuda

Reputable
Jun 20, 2019

So says the lawyers. I have yet to hear of one single incident from anybody I know who has an M1 MacBook Pro. I've had one since the very beginning and it's doing just fine.

My suspicion is these lawyers saw deep pockets and went for it.

And I never got any notice from Apple saying I needed to be careful about putting anything between my screen and keyboard. Common sense has kept me safe apparently.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
This was inevitable for Apple, they’ve always prioritized artistry over function and they’ve finally gone too far. How can you use something that is meant to be portable if it can’t survive being put in a laptop bag, backpack, or simply closing the lid with something as common as a fallen strand of hair between the palm rest and screen. That’s absolutely ridiculous…..

Seriously. Their 2014 models had bubbling between the screen laminate and display due to age/heat.

I have a Dell that I took camping and survives that plus hikes, that was well designed with rubber on the screen all over to leave about 10 mm of space so keys never hit the screen.

artk2219

Distinguished
So says the lawyers. I have yet to hear of one single incident from anybody I know who has an M1 MacBook Pro. I've had one since the very beginning and it's doing just fine.

My suspicion is these lawyers saw deep pockets and went for it.

And I never got any notice from Apple saying I needed to be careful about putting anything between my screen and keyboard. Common sense has kept me safe apparently.

Not the first time apple has built something with a design flaw, never really owned up to it, and offered free replacements or repairs in hopes of getting ahead of a lawsuit. They did it with the iphone 4 and "you're holding it wrong", with the 2010 to 2013 MacBook pros that would overheat and die, the coating on their 2013 to 2016 MacBook lcds that would come off if you looked at it wrong, the many bent iphone 6's, the "new thinner" keyboards on their 2015 to 2019 MacBooks (seriously, they used a defective design for four years, and then finally just went back to the old keyboard design as the fix), and now this. They don't make amazing products, and frankly they've had more silent recalls than any manufacturer I can think of, but people keep spending money on that fruit fix. I worked as an apple authorized repair technician and have seen too much of their crap, they get away with things that other companies would have had customers beating down their doors about.

Last edited:
Reactions: peachpuff

lastguytom

Commendable
Nov 23, 2018
Apple does not think differently, they are thinking like the traveling medicine scam sellers of the old west or used car salesmen of the 50'60'70' A sucker born every minute and after that marry another sucker and have children, and they continue the cycle of buying overpriced Apple products

Reactions: artk2219
you kind of miss Apple's statement. "Apple insists that screen cracks were not its fault, but were caused by mishandling or by a small item or particle becoming lodged between the keyboard and screen. "

they are admitting its happening but tryign to blame customers for it with rediculous claims of stuff between screen/keyboard...stuff as small as a particle.

Reactions: artk2219