Apple On Hold For Call Waiting Patent

Status
Not open for further replies.

razzb3d

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
You got to be shitting me... Next they will be patenting making and receiving calls on a rectangular device that fits in your hand....

computerfarmer

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
I agree with razzd3d. This is like getting a patent for a coffee cup that holds coffee with the options of different flavors for different times of the day.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I'm not following the utility of this.

If I'm the person on hold during a call, I'm not typically going to be staring at my handset (ergo, extraneous info that the phone wants to throw at me is useless). If I'm the person that has more than one person trying to contact me at the same time, I'm not going to spend time fumbling with my handset--I'm going to be actively talking to one person, while I ignore the other call...

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
So in case you have NFC who you are talking to, just put them on hold then stare at your phone for 2-3 minutes while you figure out WTF you're doing with that person on hold.

Sounds like Apple knows its user base has no long term memory or creative thinking powers...

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Someone please spot the Apple mole on the patent office. Because i swear some switchboards with intelligent phones did this a long time ago.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Someone please spot the Apple mole on the patent office. Because i swear some switchboards with intelligent phones did this a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.