Apple Patents to Transforming Headphones Into Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Recent news: Apple patents both innovation and talking. Rumors have it that they are going to patent texting and typing shortly.

Why are you Apple's bitch, tom?

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Wait.. I do this all the time with my G930's.
Does this mean Logitech is now infringing upon Apple's brand new patent as the headphones can be used as speakers and have been able to be used as such for 2 years?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Nothing to patent here. That's been know for ages that a speaker can act as a microphone.
Been even used in old spy movies.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]themissingpiece[/nom]So they patented turning the volume up?[/citation]
wow fking priceless... Apple never fails to amaze us by sinking to new levels of fail

InvalidError

Titan
I wouldn't want to have a pair of those on my head when whatever detection circuitry glitches and suddenly decides to start the amplifier.

Another problem is that higher output means larger speakers and larger speakers are usually less linear at low output so sound quality could be a problem.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]The_Trutherizer[/nom]Erm... So they stupid earphones suddenly detect it must go to speaker mode while you have them on - Bye-Bye ears This is asking for it.[/citation]
exactly...
i can see someone writing a virus for this just for the hell of it too...

no thanks

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
With all the Apple patent crap going on, I'm sarcastically waiting to see a lawsuit against the modern day descendants of Sir Isaac Newton, for having the audacity to cite a falling apple and deriving the theory of gravity from it, or however it happened.

Although, if a black berry had been seen falling from a vine, then RIM would be suing I guess. Oh, well... ;o)

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Will somebody please patent pink laptops with apples on it, so when Apple finally does make one they can sue them. Don't forget a blue one, green one, etc. That teach them their still on black, white, and grey.

serendipiti

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Customer: My iUsedToListen went into speaker mode and got me deaf
Apple: Your ears are holding the headphones bad. Well, that won't pose a problem once you get your RFID implant,
Customer: I already had my RFID implant, and my immune system is holding it bad...

hehee

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
This is becoming absurd!!! I have personally done this countless times in the past. Am I in violation of the patent now? Or should Apple's patent be in violation of my practices? You simply should not be able to patent everything that crosses your mind! Or I will patent walking on 2 feet tomorrow!

Onihikage

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
If patents were limited to 6 years like they were at the inception of patent law, I'd be okay with this (not pleased, just "okay"), but with the broken patent system, this is ridiculous.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]The_Trutherizer[/nom]Erm... So they stupid earphones suddenly detect it must go to speaker mode while you have them on - Bye-Bye ears This is asking for it.[/citation]

exactly my point

I have been doing that with my Stanton DJ3000 ever since I got them. Since the invention of "DJ" headphones this has been able to be done. So there is some form of prior art to it.

This is not patentable, sorry Apple. Hope you get it dismissed.

Cheers!

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]I have been doing that with my Stanton DJ3000 ever since I got them. Since the invention of "DJ" headphones this has been able to be done. So there is some form of prior art to it.This is not patentable, sorry Apple. Hope you get it dismissed.Cheers![/citation]

So your Stanton DJ3000 do the following:

1. Automatically detect when to go from headphone to speaker mode?
2. When it goes into speaker mode a full amplifier produces the increased volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.