Apple Predicted to Sell 102M iPads, 194M iPhones in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]fudoka711[/nom]For some reason I still just can't see Apple getting 58.4% of the 2013 market share.[/citation]
I'm sure most of us here (me included) hope you're right.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Zak is at it again...
Anyways... back in the real world.

The market is starting to show signs of saturation.
If prices move lower as a result, then this trend may continue, but don't bet the farm on it.
Also, serial-micro-upgradeing iCrap will only work for so long until people wise up...

G

Amazing how people gobble up these expensive toys. They're good, they're well built but they're whims.

You can't have more than 100% of the total profit.... The total is a set number.other companies losses are just that, losses. Even if you went with thus hugemath fail....

they CAN'T have more than 50% of phone the sales each. Other companies ARE selling phone. Even if it was just apple and Samsung, apple would only have 40% based on his own numbers

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I doubt they've taken into consideration the fact that many iOS users (including myself) are sick of being left in the dust when it comes to new mobile phone features.

iOS was already slick. Larger screen sizes were already available. We want major OS revamps! Not the same old crap..

99% chance I'm ditching my iPhone for a Nexus 4 at this rate.

reaper123

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
After all, the two technology giants are already commanding 106 percent of the handset industry's profits.

106 percent?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"58.4 percent share of the tablet market" for Apple...

That's more wishful thinking of Wall Street analysts.
I think Apple's Market share will slowly fall away like they did in the computer sector.
The competition is simple getting stronger by the day, all at lower prices.
And let's face it, in this economy you will eventually run out of folks with money left on their Visa card.

G

WHO CARES?! similar to the smartphone market which had enough apple, the article market is also showing saturation of stupid articles by iSheep who can't write about any other topic...

crabdog

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
In other news - Analysts predict that in 2013, visitors to Tom's Hardware will be exposed to 100 million Apple related articles.

I need to find a new tech site.

helltag

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
What the hell is going on with all these people treating brands and companies like religions!?! You all sound like spoilt brats. I am loving Windows 8 and my numerous Apple products, keeping a keen interest on Google's upcoming products... Each have their own benefits and shortfalls, but I enjoy every new tech announcement from whatever company it's from. Must be sad to have to hate something because it's made by one company that isn't Monsanto!

helltag

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Further more this is a tech site, do you really not want a tech site to report one of the biggest mobile tech companies and their products!?! Does it have to be blessed by a certain company to warrant it being tech news?

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation][nom]helltag[/nom]Must be sad to have to hate something because it's made by one company that isn't Monsanto![/citation]
I was with you until you casually tossed in Monsanto in there for no reason other than to point out you think they are bad..way to segue in your standing on something totally irrelevant to the topic...
only way you could have done worse is if you said "wait until you see android/apples sales drop as fast as (X presidential candidate's) approval rating."

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation][nom]helltag[/nom]Further more this is a tech site, do you really not want a tech site to report one of the biggest mobile tech companies and their products!?! Does it have to be blessed by a certain company to warrant it being tech news?[/citation]

Yes I do, but I don't want 'guesstimate revenue news' from some 3rd party analyst working for a firm with vested interest in the company its covering itself.. that's not tech news. that's hype and optimistic forecasting.
it no better than going to apple itself to get 'news' on what it thinks about next years outlook of sales are.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I can see huge numbers of Iphones being sold, but where are all of these Ipads going?

By Apple's numbers 1 in every 8 people should have an Ipad. I don't know about you but I only know of one or two people that have one.

gfair

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]I can see huge numbers of Iphones being sold, but where are all of these Ipads going? By Apple's numbers 1 in every 8 people should have an Ipad. I don't know about you but I only know of one or two people that have one.[/citation]

Hop on a few buses / subways around town during rush hour if you want to see how prevalent the iPad is.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
[citation][nom]gfair[/nom]Hop on a few buses / subways around town during rush hour if you want to see how prevalent the iPad is.[/citation]

The areas were we are have clearly different demographics. When I'm in any public area (buses, restaurants, sorry no subways round here) I usually see people on a phone, in those cases where they have a tablet it's usually an Android tablet. Makes me curious to see how the numbers break down in various regions around the country.

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]"58.4 percent share of the tablet market" for Apple...That's more wishful thinking of Wall Street analysts.I think Apple's Market share will slowly fall away like they did in the computer sector.The competition is simple getting stronger by the day, all at lower prices. And let's face it, in this economy you will eventually run out of folks with money left on their Visa card.[/citation]
I predict a 106% percent thumbs up ! ho wait I mean 100%..

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]dxwarlock[/nom]Yes I do, but I don't want 'guesstimate revenue news' from some 3rd party analyst working for a firm with vested interest in the company its covering itself.. that's not tech news. that's hype and optimistic forecasting.it no better than going to apple itself to get 'news' on what it thinks about next years outlook of sales are.[/citation]
AMEN....

Status
Not open for further replies.