Apple Prices 17" MBP Battery Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I've replaced two batteries on my laptop because of extensive use. So I dont like the sound of taking a notebook to a mac shop (extremely rare in my area) every time a battery looses it's charging capacity (Which will obviously be right after the warranty period. :p). Then again, you'd sooner catch me making snow angels in the nude, broadcast over CNN before you'll catch me shelling out thousands of dollars for hardware barely worth a thousand.

G

the price of a battery replacement, is like the price of a whole mini-notebook !

davidgbailey

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
Personally, I think it's a great idea. I throw my laptop away every 2 years because I'm an asshole and I have money. Anyone that needs to keep a laptop long enough to replace the battery should get a better job ... or be the guy that plugs his laptop in at Starbucks. "Excuse me, is there an outlet in here I can use, I stink, someone punch me and pour hot coffee down my pants."

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]DavidGBailey[/nom]Personally, I think it's a great idea. I throw my laptop away every 2 years because I'm an asshole and I have money. Anyone that needs to keep a laptop long enough to replace the battery should get a better job ... or be the guy that plugs his laptop in at Starbucks. "Excuse me, is there an outlet in here I can use, I stink, someone punch me and pour hot coffee down my pants."[/citation]
I built my laptop three years ago, and it still performs better than anything reasonably priced today. I also use the hell out of it day to day, since it's the only usable tool I have when doing things out of the office. But then again, I'm more apt to take your attitude more as douchebaggery than seriousness.

G

Just as I predicted... $225-250 after shipping, box, expedited delivery.

Dumb, dumb, dumb idea... geared only at milking the i-tard crowd.

FYI - laptop batt's contain $70 - 100 worth of cells... the rest is markup for their proprietary plastic shapes.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Pokester[/nom]Just as I predicted... $225-250 after shipping, box, expedited delivery.Dumb, dumb, dumb idea... geared only at milking the i-tard crowd.FYI - laptop batt's contain $70 - 100 worth of cells... the rest is markup for their proprietary plastic shapes.[/citation]
Not even that much. If you buy through a good distro or in bulk from factory, a normal 12 cell battery (Which is generally 2-3 times more cells than most laptops have) cost me around 45-60 bucks.

mrwonderful1961

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Um... I'm pretty sure that Apple is manufacturing their own battery in-house for the MBP (and it's rectangular to maximize efficiency of space.)

Status
Not open for further replies.