Apple Pulls Weed Selling Game 'Weed Firm' from App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
I would be thinking of suing Apple if they did this to my game. Hello, it is a farking GAME, that means it does NOT have to be politically correct and it does NOT have to kowtow to 'da law' on this subject.

Apple isn't considered an open platform, and this isn't new behavior. Developers who choose to spend their resources on projects for closed platforms have little recourse if what they develop is rejected. If you want open distribution, target an open platform.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
I would be thinking of suing Apple if they did this to my game. Hello, it is a farking GAME, that means it does NOT have to be politically correct and it does NOT have to kowtow to 'da law' on this subject.

But it does have to ka taw to the wishes of a private company and their private virtual store.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
there no point about weed "god" make the weed for us smoke. everyone hastaman vibration!
God also made extremely dangerous things as well, like a tree whose sap will cause blisters and if burned can blind you. I don't know if weed is actually dangerous (it is not completely good, of that I am certain) but it is stupid to think that just because it is natural that it can't be bad.

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Listen, for those who don't know any better, marijuana has been banned and illegal for almost a Century under Federal Law for a REASON. Since January 2014, there has been reports of 80% increase in 'drugged' driving in the states of Washington and Colorado which leads to more evidence that traffic fatalities are on the rise due to being stoned. (Source: DMV Statistics report Washington and Colorado)

In other words, encouraging a drug app that increases this kind of activity should not be allowed. We learned in school that Marijuana causes cancer, brain damage, pre-mature death, and unwanted violence.

Lastly, if you think inhaling smoke into your healthy lungs is considered 'medicine', then I am not the one who is out of touch. Doctors are even prescribing this stuff to children for Heaven's sake. What's next? Cocaine for restless-leg syndrome? Gimmie a break.. even Rubio says it's dangerous so enough, tired of arguing thank you~

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Listen, for those who don't know any better, marijuana has been banned and illegal for almost a Century under Federal Law for a REASON. Since January 2014, there has been reports of 80% increase in 'drugged' driving in the states of Washington and Colorado which leads to more evidence that traffic fatalities are on the rise due to being stoned. (Source: DMV Statistics report Washington and Colorado)

In other words, encouraging a drug app that increases this kind of activity should not be allowed. We learned in school that Marijuana causes cancer, brain damage, pre-mature death, and unwanted violence.

Lastly, if you think inhaling smoke into your healthy lungs is considered 'medicine', then I am not the one who is out of touch. Doctors are even prescribing this stuff to children for Heaven's sake. What's next? Cocaine for restless-leg syndrome? Gimmie a break.. even Rubio says it's dangerous so enough, tired of arguing thank you~

Do you know what pain meds like oxy and Vicodin are based off of? They are opiates so they are basically a pure form of heroine. I get that inhaling smoke is not good for you but the pills they give out are far worse. My mom passed away from cancer and the pain pills they gave her made her sick. Smoking weed helped with the pain and made her apatite come back. You say whats next cocaine but the pills the pass out are far worse than that already.

smeghead4269

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Listen, for those who don't know any better, marijuana has been banned and illegal for almost a Century under Federal Law for a REASON.
Yes, and that reason is general ignorance on the part of lawmakers.

Since January 2014, there has been reports of 80% increase in 'drugged' driving in the states of Washington and Colorado which leads to more evidence that traffic fatalities are on the rise due to being stoned. (Source: DMV Statistics report Washington and Colorado)
And I'll bet that figure doesn't even come close to the number of fatalities that result from drunk driving, yet no one is in a rush to outlaw alcohol.

I remember learning the same thing in school. I also remember learning Columbus set sail to prove the world was round. Funny thing about schools, they don't always get it right.

Lastly, if you think inhaling smoke into your healthy lungs is considered 'medicine', then I am not the one who is out of touch.
Actually, yes, you are. Inhaling smoke certainly can cause problems, but medicines often have harmful side effects. Marijuana is not at all unique in that regard. It's all about the benefits outweighing the damage.

Doctors are even prescribing this stuff to children for Heaven's sake.
WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

mapesdhs

Distinguished
... In other words, encouraging a drug app that increases this kind of activity should not be allowed. We learned in school that Marijuana causes cancer, brain damage, pre-mature death, and unwanted violence. ...

Learned in school... that's a good one. :D I can't imagine a worse place for
shoving nonsense into a growing human's brain than school (watch some
episodes of QI, you'll see what I mean). And so ironic that you're griping
about weed, which results in very few deaths each year, yet it's business
as usual wrt gun violence, more than 30000 deaths a year in the US, half
of those suicides, many of which would otherwise more than likely be
preventable.

This has far more to do with control, power and money. Ordinary cigs cause
enormous numbers of deaths through cancers & other illnesses, imposing
huge burdens on health care systems, wasting incomprehensible amounts
of money which could be better spent on food, clothing & other essentials
(or saved), yet it's tolerated because it earns a lot of tax revenue; those who
run a nation's finances care more about the money coming in right now than
much larger future avoidable costs.

Researchers have been calling for rational decision making on these and
other issues for years, but it'll never happen as long as so many people
choose to be blind about the realities of underlying causes, etc. People
would rather believe a lie than confront a truth they can't handle for
political, religious or other reasons.

That's not to say I'd use weed (I wouldn't, because it does cause various
types of harm), but it has genuine medical benefits for certain people and
it's nowhere near as deadly as other perfectly legal pursuits which kill
hundreds of times more people each year, to little serious complaint or
desire for change.

Tell you what, try walking through South Central at 3am with some lit
spliffs in your mouth - what do you reckon might kill you first? Weed
smoke, or a bullet?

Ian.

wekilledkenny

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
This has happened before, and will happen again. When will the game developers finally learn that when they go to bed with Apple, they should be ready to get shafted.
In regards to Apple's ownership of the app store - they are not exactly a charity. They charge a whopping 30% commission on any (cr)app that is sold there. If my game made Apple millions, only to get the boot by Apple, I'd be pi$$ed off too. Thing is, I know better then to go to Apple's bed, so cry me a river.

gramps

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2004

Actually, A major constituent of cannabis, cannabidiol (CBD), has been scientifically proven to kill cancer cells. I believe it is currently cleared for use on animals, with full-scale human clinical trials to begin soon. Expect to see a product on the shelves in the next 5 years or so (if we can overcome the 'Reefer Madness' stigma/propaganda from the 1930's - which you are perpetuating).

I work in a genetics research lab, and already the race is on to breed high CBD / low THC varieties for this purpose.

npyrhone

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
I really dislike apple. Just saying.

Your insightful comment is noted.

And yours wasn't. As it should be.
Your comment literally means that his comment was also noted. I hope you feel good about yourself.

I said "wasn't", in the past tense. So, my statement was perfectly accurate. His comment was not noted. This was something I was happy to note, even though it meant also noting his comment. Noting the comment at such a late point serves to underline the point that his comment WAS not noted when it mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.