Apple Rejects Cold, Hard Cash at its Own Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchoefer

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Sounds like a case of discrimination to me.

If you don't have the income level or credit to get a credit card, you can't buy an iPad.

G

... pwnd !
Grandma, get yerself a pc with some neat Radeon or Nvidia card!

jquarter06

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
I know there are some businesses that do not accept cash for a variety of reasons.

However, those businesses are usually smaller and don't want the liability of losing the cash. I wonder what reason(s) Apple has for rejecting cash?

What will they take instead, liver? Kidney or perhaps a lung they charge enough for cheaply produced crap as it is. Also are my dollars/euros not good enough in cash? Then don't ask for RFID chip. Directed at Apple , we all know they read the articles and comment sections.

cichy69

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
If I was in her position, I would tell the cashier to go and I would never buy again from apple. In fact, I never did, and never will.

laweinhander

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
This is not that big of a deal, its apple's loss.
You all should be glad they are throwing profits aways like idiots that they truly are.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
I think US currency is 'legal tender' I didn't think it could be refused. She should just keep going to the store and purchasing the iPad and then offering the cash.

Tmanishere

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I'm wondering if it's a theft-deterrent. They might still have people stealing those iPads, but it would make it difficult to stick up the register for cash with a gun at one of those places...

shovenose

Distinguished
this is ridiculous!
apple is the stupidest. most retarded company i have ever heard of.
i sold the macbook someone gave me brand new for christmas within half a year cuz it was total JUNK!!!
just like anything apple makes
oops i have ann iphone (btu i didnt buy it) but that thing doesnt work too well weither . it crashes all the time.

as i sadi before, who would buy from that stupid company?

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
seems like a form of discrimination to me since not everyone can have credit cards or debt cards.... I got feeling some lawyer gonna pick this up and its gonna be a easy victory in her favor. She disabled so its not like she could get out to a bank all the time anyway (depending on what the disability is). But i still think there should be a law against them not taking dollar thats just stupid

slayer10000

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
[citation][nom]slayer10000[/nom]funny they dont want cash but debit cards are totally fine cause really its the same thing as cash with out holding it on you[/citation] and to top it off what would stop them from buying one and still selling it overseas?

WR

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Don't need credit for a debit card. Just a bank account. Could also pay a stranger to use their debit card on the spot, luck willing.

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
It's to track the sale. If you use a credit card Apple will store that info, and cross check to see if you've bought multiple iPads, which is against their policy. For some reason they feel morally obligated to prevent people from buying large numbers of iPads and selling them in countries where iPads are not available at a profit. In my country, it is ILLEGAL for businesses to not accept cash. They CAN reject credit cards and other fraud-prone pay vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.