Apple Release OS X 10.9.1 to Fix Mail and Safari Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1353997

- Make the ultimate upgrade, buy a Mac.
- What's the difference?
- Well, you exchange one buggy OS that has become secure over decades of experience and fencing off nasty attackers, against another buggy OS that remains secure as long as it doesn't have enough users for attacks to pay off.

[If salespeople were to become honest.]

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
@TriedandTrue Tell me, which good OS has no updates? Which one?? Exactly! Microsoft does it EVERY TUESDAY. An OS that has no updates is a bad OS. Maybe someone needs to explain that to you, but I'm not wasting my time to do so.

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Patch Tuesday is not every week. It's once a month, unless there is an uber important update that needs to go out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday
I agree fully with okibrian. All OSes need patches. apt-get update sound familiar? It seems to me that the people with the least amount of knowledge in other operating systems constantly rag on them, or claim that their prefered OS is the best on the planet. Expand your horizons people. I use multiple OSes every day. Each one has their own strengths, and weaknesses.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
@TriedandTrue To an extent the, "It just works" thing is very true. The only reason that is true is because they make both the hardware and OS, so you don't really get the conflicts or crashes when you are designing an OS that is only made to run on your device. And yes, I know stuff is made in other countries but that is beside the point. The down side of that is it's going to be pretty hard to be the number one used OS when you only offer it on a Mac. The, "just works" thing really has nothing to do with small bugs or getting a virus due to being a dumb user (which exist in both a Windows and Mac environment). It's about having all your software and hardware tie in together flawlessly and without great effort. That they have done.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
It just works until you do things the way they want. Turns out that sometimes you just can't and get to the point where the system is TOO closed. That's when you are glad dual boot exists.

bee144

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
To be honest I'm switching from an apple home environment to a windows environment with devices. Apple has started to lose it's way without Steve Jobs and it's slowly showing with iOS 7 and 10.9. I just bought a 1520 and love it. Yes, the app store is lacking but that's one of the only downsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.