Apple Reportedly Asking Retail Staff for Help Fixing Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Seriously ?
Have you ever asked ANY store clerk for some local direction?
You get that empty bored stare and the "I don't know, I am not from here" reply.

The high pitched humming sound you hear is Steve Jobs rotating in his grave :)

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Sorry but I have no love for the retail guys at the Apple store. They are so arrogant. They call themselves Geniuses.... Really???? I think they have topped the Radio Shack Guys.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]chomlee[/nom]Sorry but I have no love for the retail guys at the Apple store. They are so arrogant. They call themselves Geniuses.... Really???? I think they have topped the Radio Shack Guys.[/citation]
It is quite hilarious that they call themselves Geniuses, if anything they're on top of the iTard chain

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I will equate this to asking the Geek Squad ( IF you can call them that), fixing your overpriced PC you bought at Best Buy.

liteup23

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2011
My guess is most of these hours are going to be comparing google maps to their very own iOS maps to see whats different....

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
[citation][nom]liteup23[/nom]My guess is most of these hours are going to be comparing google maps to their very own iOS maps to see whats different....[/citation]

Goggle lawsuit on the horizon ........

mortsmi7

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Cause Apple employees are also cartographers. Will they be able to put that on their next job application? Probably not, which means they're not legitimate.

This idea is so stupid...
It took Google years to build up their database using professional equipment mounted on vehicles; does Apple honestly believe that a few underpaid peons can do a similar job from a few and far in between locations?
Fools.

[citation][nom]bllue[/nom]It is quite hilarious that they call themselves Geniuses, if anything they're on top of the iTard chain[/citation]
They remind me of a good ol' say from my country that went something like "the One-Eyed is king of the Blind".

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]They remind me of a good ol' say from my country that went something like "the One-Eyed is king of the Blind".[/citation]
Which country?!

Because it's said in my country too...and if we're not from the same country then that would be an interesting thing...

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
i hope you all realize anyone can submit a correction to google maps.... Just because paid employees are checking for inaccuracies doesn't mean they can change anything willy nilly get your head out of the gutter

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Which country?!Because it's said in my country too...and if we're not from the same country then that would be an interesting thing...[/citation]
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Pretty common saying from what I have seen, the way of saying it changes depending on language but can be heard all over.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
...staff at participating stores will manually submit corrections for their own areas.

Brilliant idea; that the map is useless in other places is irrelevant. Just locations near the Apple store are important as it helps navigate the Apple locust to their next ripoff by iCrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.