Apple Responds to iPhone 5's Purple Lens Flare Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

john15v16

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
The Cupertino-based company explained that the issue is present in every generation of the iPhone and indeed most small cameras..
That's right apple deny the issue and blow it off with a stupid work-around...you can do no wrong... Besides, you've gotta be creative if you're going to own an iPhone...and simple too...

As always total arrogance on part of apple so I must wonder what the elite in the leadership of the company must think of its customers or "consumers". It would not be a great leap of the imagination that it wold be "let them eat cake" mindset. Will be going lol when the high paid thumb twiddlers and lazy paper pushers lose most of their wages when the market goes under. No longer will they be flying private jets and spending their weekends on multimillion dollar mega yachts. Instead of being fresh with their cologne and expensive perfume they shall stink and their homes shall know hunger. No longer high and mighty above all their underpaid underlings but instead shall be humbled. Instead of the finest dining it shall be rat on a spit when the days of famine be like a shadow upon this country.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
They will be working hard to ensure that white, black, green, red and yellow lens flare are available soon, innovation takes time
Honestly though, "you are holding it wrong" v2.0 and the maps debacle, Apple has lost the plot

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
hmm, seems they are using crApple-er components in these cameras... but come to think of it, I remember the days of analog photography, and yes, you did have to shield the lens with your hand to prevent flare at the edges of your pictures.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
A true engineer would not take a no for an answer. Throw enough money at the problem, and it will go away (through usage of physics and/or programming).

But this is Apple. PROFITS AT ALL COST!

It is actually a very normal problem with any small camera. Anandtech's last podcast had a rather exhaustive (but interesting) explanation about it. Move the light source, or change the angle the slightest bit, and the issue goes away.
Personally I have had similar issues with several cameras... granted none of them were as expensive as an iPhone either so I didn't really complain.

mace200200

Honorable
This is one of those times when people rip on apple to hard. Don't get me wrong, after they sued that little store from Europe, I think it was called ap.l, I think that they're bastards. But still, if they say that this happens on many small camera's it probably does to some degree. Personally I've never had any problems with that on my 4S, and isn't the Iphone 5 camera pretty much the same except for some minor software tweaks?

G

@caedenv:

Who do you think you are trying to educate Android trolls? Seriously 20 posts of rant before someone (you) actually mentioned the fact, that lens flare is a normal problem. People blow "problems" out of proportions when it comes to Apple. Haven't had an issue with Maps nor with the camera. In fact usually the hardware is only as smart as the user and when they just don't know how to take "good" pictures then things like lens flaring can occur. Maybe all those people "rage ranting" here should use the camera first before posting such bullshit. I bet you none of them will get lens flare if they are not deliberately trying to get them.

What is wrong with Android people? The Internet is full with rage from how bad Apple is. Even last week I had 3 random people at Café start arguments with me out of thin air on why their Samsung/HTC whatever is sooooo much better and why Apple stole everything and blabla...Are you guys so insecure in your phone purchase that you constantly have to bash other phones to make yours look better? I don't care. I've been fine with my iPhone ever since it came out in 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.