Apple Robbed of 90GB of Files From Admiring Teen

Status
Not open for further replies.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
So what they are saying is that they caught him because he was bragging on the internet about what he had done. That is if you read between the lines of the story. I'm sure if if would have kept his mouth shut Apple and the FBI would still be just as clueless as to who done it. I guess it is true most criminals are just out right stupid sometimes.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

Most likely, it's the latter. He's certainly not better than most of the pros. Hacking is one of those skills that benefits immensely from experience. Even if he's incredibly smart, his experience would pale in comparison to people who've been doing it 10 or 20 years longer.

Which kinda makes you wonder... who else has been in there?

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

I'm sure they don't have either. They run their own cloud, and it most likely uses some flavor of BSD.

Art_8_

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Clearly they never caught him with their own security, they only started looking after hearing the buzz from the hacking community that he was bragging about hacking them.

mischon123

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Because Apple would rob me from my data I choose not to use Apple.

I hope the court in Australia is going to slap Apple and force Apple to use more and better security. How about 1 billion $ per day fine till Apple stops robbing and loosing the data of 100 million people. "Extraordinary money schemes" need extraordinary measures.

Justice is, it seems, in the eye of the beholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.