Apple Settles Backdating Lawsuit for $20.5 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc21

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2010
dude, aren't Apple execs rich enough already?

Is it really that important to get that extra million through backdating when you've already stashed tens of millions of dollars? >_

rohitbaran

Distinguished
All those lawsuits are just a small hole in Apple's pocket. With its loyal fanbase, it can always break rules and later pay a small (from its viewpoint) price and not break a sweat.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
[citation][nom]everlast66[/nom]After the settlement was agreed Jobs paid the $5 mil straight away from his pocket money[/citation]
Really, I think it might have caused terminating the free bumper program! Poor iCrap buyers! :D

sparky_the_lab_rat

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
I'm confused... the year 2000 execs essentially stole millions from the corporation, and in turn the year 2000 stockholders. As punishment, the corporation, basically the year 2010 stockholders, need to repay the year 2000 stockholders for their loss. Doesn't this just change who the victim is while the perps keep their looted money?

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
[citation][nom]sparky_the_lab_rat[/nom]I'm confused... the year 2000 execs essentially stole millions from the corporation, and in turn the year 2000 stockholders. As punishment, the corporation, basically the year 2010 stockholders, need to repay the year 2000 stockholders for their loss. Doesn't this just change who the victim is while the perps keep their looted money?[/citation]
welcome to capitalism

silentq

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
i wouldn't be surprised if next economical crysis will be caused by Apple going bankrupt due to law suits and crappy products... The world just cannot survive without the iProducts... 2012 disaster anyone?

Elsapo

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
The two agreed to a settlement without admitting wrongdoing and were fined and ordered to repay millions of dollars in illegal gains.
Money has perks, I wonder if a shoplifter would have been treated so nicely.

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]everlast66[/nom]After the settlement was agreed Jobs paid the $5 mil straight away from his pocket money[/citation]

He should. I'm sure he was the one who benefited the most out of this.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Elsapo[/nom]Money has perks, I wonder if a shoplifter would have been treated so nicely.[/citation]
I get your point, buy I dunno about the analogy. How many stupid kids are kicked out of a store and told never to return when they're caught shoplifting?

I think the better analogy would be armed robbery. "Well, say your sorry, pay a small fine, and promise that you'll try extra-hard not to do it again. And of course you can keep your gun."

dustcrusher

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2010
[citation][nom]silentq[/nom]i wouldn't be surprised if next economical crysis will be caused by Apple going bankrupt due to law suits and crappy products... The world just cannot survive without the iProducts... 2012 disaster anyone?[/citation]

The next economical Crysis would be one that can actually be played with high settings on a machine that costs less than a grand.

I'm here all weekend, folks...try the veal.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Eh, more of the same. Apple is no different than any other corporation, and I've come to expect this kind of behavior from everyone. I'm just curious how Apple fans will spin this in Job's favor.

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Just wait, someone will get them on something big. Or they`ll become mainstream and have malware out the ass. Let`s see their simple, elegant, "magical" devices fight off the Russians.

Status
Not open for further replies.