Apple Shares Dip Nearly 10% Ahead of iPad Mini Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Too bad it wasn't nearly 100%

What an overvalued piece of crap company.

alexthager

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]wlachan[/nom]4S & 5 proved to be underwhelming. Perhaps the Apple day was over the day Steve passed away.[/citation]

The iPhone 5 was Steve's project. I love the phone, but Apple messed up with the release of Maps and Passbook. I didn't actually mind Maps at all when it came out, but it should have little flaws. Passbook should have supported Starbucks upon release. I'd agree they're making a few poor decisions, but I think the criticism their receiving, they'll be able to avoid these disasters in the future. I was shocked when I witnessed the Retina Macbook Pro, it was a sign of traditional Apple innovation. It's still there, Apple just needs to focus on what makes them the most successful tech company.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Apple is clever...

this will be a guaranteed sell to those iSheep out there who just have to have one of each apple gadget. right now iSheep everywhere are furiously brainstorming for reasons why they absolutely need this new piece of iGadgetry as they desperately yearn for their next iGasm

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Sorry haters, it's only temporary. It dropped after the iPad 3 came out and also dropped after my daughters birthday party.

What matters is where it will be at the end of the year after what will surely be a monster holiday quarter.

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Hmm, this is ppl prolly short-selling it to drive prices down before the next launch = guaranteed profit for them, since they know that come hell or high water, people will buy anything apple releases, and their stock is guaranteed to go up again.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]luciferano[/nom]https://www.etrade.wallst.com/v1/st [...] mbol=BRK.A$133,880.000 per share right now. Several hundred isn't record breaking, to say the least.[/citation]

A picture would be nice. I don't feel a need to create an account to see what you linked to.

Na it is just George Soros dumping his stock like all the rest of the million and billionaires while getting out of American companies. Market is going to at some point will take a huge dive and will never fully recover. Get out of all stocks and bonds. Gold and silver is no safe haven.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]alexthager[/nom]The iPhone 5 was Steve's project. I love the phone, but Apple messed up with the release of Maps and Passbook. I didn't actually mind Maps at all when it came out, but it should have little flaws. Passbook should have supported Starbucks upon release. I'd agree they're making a few poor decisions, but I think the criticism their receiving, they'll be able to avoid these disasters in the future. I was shocked when I witnessed the Retina Macbook Pro, it was a sign of traditional Apple innovation. It's still there, Apple just needs to focus on what makes them the most successful tech company.[/citation]the real prob is the complete ban of google map app, and there is no downgrade option for user to still want the google map app back.

if u a dumb family member clicked update ios6 for ur ipad, u cant get back to ios5, and u want that map there is noway around it.

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]A picture would be nice. I don't feel a need to create an account to see what you linked to.[/citation]

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=BRK-A&ql=1
t

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

Most Android tablets are still supported. We just had a wave of updates going to Android tablets a few days or weeks ago. Even without constant updates, they still hold value. Besides, it's not like updating to iOS 6 can be counted as supporting for many people who use Maps. That's kinda the opposite of supporting and even worse than simply not supporting.

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
I work for a consumer electronics retailer, from my personal experience people don't buy Android tablets because they may be a little cheaper. The majority of people who buy Android tablets buy them because they want a device that's either more productive or customisable than an iPad.

On the other hand, I've found that people who buy iPad's are people that could either be passed off as your usual "iSheep" or otherwise people who specifically need an iPad because they plan to use it at school or work where a system has specifically been designed to work with iOS.

I can't see the release of the iPad Mini affecting sales of other devices much (apart from the first few weeks where all the devoted iSheep rush out and buy 50 of course)

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]I never really liked apple, but at least before the whole pattent war i had some respect for the company.After all theyve done, im not surprised this happened.[/citation]

Unfortunately, I don't think that it'll stay below $700 per share for too long.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]luciferano[/nom]Unfortunately, I don't think that it'll stay below $700 per share for too long.[/citation]
Unfortunately?! Apple so far is single-handedly powering my retirement, after my stocks in Ford Motor basically crashed 5 or so years back. Buying Apple's stock back in 1995 was the single best investment I've made in my entire life.

The irony of it all is I don't own any Apple products. I use Apple products daily at work, but haven't bought any Apple products since the Apple IIe back in the day.

Anyway, I'm sure the stock will rise again, assuming of course the price-point isn't set too high. Around the $299-$359 mark is what I'm expecting.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[nom]otacon72[/nom]Just like Android fan boys who buy one of the 1,000 different Android tablets out there. At least Apple products hold their value and are supported for more than 3-4 months.[/citation]
As an android user, there are obvious down-sides to the hardware-open stance android has. If you think tablets aren't supported for 3-4 months, then you've clearly never owned an android tablet, or if you did, you never ticked the little "check for update" button to get an OTA update.

But on the other hand, with mobile hardware refreshing and revamping so quickly, what sense does it make to stagnate progress on mobile tech that is 1-2 years old just to maintain a closed and controlled platform? At least, if the goal is to advance technology rather than control profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.