Apple Sold 17 Million iPads in 90 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Great more iSheep...good for Apple. Why should I care, how is this news?

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]pdamasco[/nom]Great more iSheep...good for Apple. Why should I care, how is this news?[/citation]
This is a counter to the 10 million SGS3 sold article, which I still see as a win considering how hard Apple has been trying to get that phone banned everywhere. Apple doesn't have others trying to ban their products like they do to Samsung :p

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
The iPad is brilliant at what it is. It's fine to hate Apple, but you got to give them props for putting together a great product and basically creating the entire tablet market (yeah, yeah, there were tablets before but no one bought them).

alphaalphaalpha

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

I wouldn't call that "basically creating" the market as much as I'd call what Apple did to the tablet/tab/slate market as launching it off the ground.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]aznshinobi[/nom]Would rather shoot myself in the face than give profit to a company that steals and sues their way to a victory. That company being Apple of course.[/citation]
I think Apple would be happy either way...

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]This is a counter to the 10 million SGS3 sold article, which I still see as a win considering how hard Apple has been trying to get that phone banned everywhere. Apple doesn't have others trying to ban their products like they do to Samsung[/citation]

How is it a counter when THG had nearly all articles be about the iPad for a week or two when it first came out?

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Compared to other apple product, like Iphone, macbook/mac desktop which have better alternatives.

Ipad is the only apple product that is not insanely overpriced, well I am not surprise given that Andriod tablet arent really mature yet.

Ipad also proved that Apple could have done a lot more better on other product, had they priced their thing according to the competitor's offer. They just greedy want a huge margin profit, Ipad proved that if ur price is reasonable, people wont mind buying it.

darasen

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2005
[citation][nom]aznshinobi[/nom]Would rather shoot myself in the face than give profit to a company that steals and sues their way to a victory. That company being Apple of course.[/citation]

I really hope you aren't running Windows.

G

its like they are playiny flute on there creepy hardware and people are folowing them like mouse .... was great story ..actually happening

I am no fan of Apple in most of their products (or company practices), but you have to admit that they have a great product in the iPad. Let's not forget the Cinema Display line as well, which is also very nice (even if it is overpriced).

Their phone, laptop, desktop, server, and MP3 products can all rot though.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Don't forget the 6 million or so programs that can run already on x86[/citation]

But they won't run on ARM based Windows 8 machines. It's going to be an interesting time as programs are ported or redesigned to run on ARM based Windows Tablets

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Yeah, you see, that right there is why people call them iSheep. For God's sake people, it's a MINIMUM $500 purchase for a product that does less than a netbook! If you own one already, even if it's a previous generation, practice some goddamn self control!

What the hell man.

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Don't forget the 6 million or so programs that can run already on x86[/citation]

No way it's that low. It has to be in the billions, even if you have to juryrig the install process to get legacy programs to work.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
But I only have 5,493,293 of those programs! A typical PC user may have 10~20 real programs on their computers. Don't really need to count calculator, notepad, msconfig, etc.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
I'm not an apple freak, but calling anything "new XYZ" is stupid... then later refer to it as "3rd generation"... its plain retarded.

the iPhone5 should be called the iPhone5. Not "The new iPhone"... Its like saying, I have a used New iPad for sale.... is it new or used? hence, any person with a brain will just keep referring to it as the iPad3, and I'd say it in the face of any iPad3 owner/representative. I have actually.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
The states are busy working on new laws to be able to collect sales Tax on internet purchases.
Think about the amount of revenue and jobs these millions of iPads and iPhones could have created if manufactured here.
Lazy ass politicians rather collect taxes they do NOT deserve as they are on something the respective state did not support or maintain. What I mean is if I buy something from a retailer from another state than MY state did not do anything -infrastructure etc- to enable said retailer's business.
Why should MY state be entitled to collect a Tax (reward) for something they did not make happen in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.