Apple Starts Shipping New iPod Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]YEA!!!!!NEW IPHONE 5 WITH NO CALL FUNCTION........might as well get a Samsung Galaxy S3 or at least an actual iPhone ........[/citation]
Well it's like getting the Iphone just without paying data. :p

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I bought one last year and hated the damn thing. I jail broke it and it still never did alot for me. I just don't like the design, its interface even with winterboard or whatever it was called. I'd rater spend a bit extra and buy a galaxy s2 if it costs more. The s3 is too much right now.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
I can't even afford a new mobo with proc and ram upgrade and they want me to shell out THAT much money for a glorified mp3 player???????????

heeelll no....

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]YEA!!!!!NEW IPHONE 5 WITH NO CALL FUNCTION........might as well get a Samsung Galaxy S3 or at least an actual iPhone ........[/citation]
Not really.... I enjoy my current flip phone thank you very much. (its one of the nicer Razr's)

but you really cant beat apple for their intuitive music browsing interface, plus all the nifty shit Itoons can do with playlists and all that.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
if they can get that price to 200$ for a new one... i would consider it...
i have no use for a smart phone bleeding my dry, but i have use for the devices capabilities.
the reason they cost so much off contract is because they want you on contract.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]they want me to shell out THAT much money for a glorified mp3 player?????????[/citation]
I think we crossed the point where the iPod was still a glorified MP3 player a long time ago. The Touch effectively turned the iPod line into a ridiculously overpriced mini-tablet.

iamtheking123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
[citation][nom]jdwii[/nom]I would much rather have a nexus 7 apple sell those for me just leave Android on it and make sure Asus produces it[/citation]
Have one...not as good as my S3 but also not as expensive.

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
My cousin's recent upgrade:

i5 3550k - Rs. 12000

Intel H61 Mobo - Rs. 3400

2X4 Ram - Rs. 2000

Total = Rs. 17400 (around 330 US dollars)

How am I supposed to NOT over-react?!

jrharbort

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I'm surprised there's no 16GB model this time around. For the last generation, 8GB was too small for what I needed, and 32GB was too much as well as too expensive. There's a few games and apps exclusive to the iOS platform that I'd love to enjoy, but I can't see myself laying down $300 just for that. A 16GB model for $200 would be a very sweet price point that would certainly make a lot of people happy.

ronch79

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Apple's greatest challenge is how to keep the flame burning. Apple may be riding high nowadays but there will inevitably come a point where people are tired of the same 'old' Apple products and Apple will be seen as a tired old brand. It's up to Apple to reinvent itself just as it did when Steve came back in. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just saying Apple should keep on their toes and never stop innovating.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
[citation][nom]ronch79[/nom]Apple's greatest challenge is how to keep the flame burning. Apple may be riding high nowadays but there will inevitably come a point where people are tired of the same 'old' Apple products and Apple will be seen as a tired old brand. It's up to Apple to reinvent itself just as it did when Steve came back in. I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, just saying Apple should keep on their toes and never stop innovating.[/citation]
The iPhone has been a fad for years. Fads phase away eventually and in a couple of years or so the iPhone will be no more. Apple would have to create a new fad, let's pray it does not succeed. The stock is bloated. This bubble will blow up soon and better companies who don't rely on fads, but instead, innovate and take considerable risks like Google and MS will continue to live on.

bobafert

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
The question I'm asking is, if this is $300, what is the iPad mini going to cost? $300 was supposed to be the intro price for that, but if they price the touch at the same price, then hardly anyone will buy the touch. That would mean to me that the iPad mini will be at $350 starting price or they sell the mini at $300 just like the touch and don't expect to sell that many touches. It seams to me that $250 would have been a better starting price for this product in order to maximise sales and keep in line with market expectaions.

cbfelterbush

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
$299 and $399....lol. For their last gen tech, with a new screen? Apple continues to ride the wave of success from a couple good ideas, but it all feels like regurgitation.

-cb

LightningStryk17

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006

Except its less than half the price of an iPhone and the only thing you are missing, is the call function and data. Still has internet, still has app store, etc. Its not bad at all, especially if you don't want/cant afford a 70-80$ a month phone plan.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Hi guys remember me I'm not the brainwashed apple zealot and tend to shy away from apple products.

However I did preorder one of these iPod 5th generation. It seems pretty decent to check out. I'm still not going to be an apple fanboy (I'm not really a microsoft fanboy either) but I'll check it out.

Hopefully a GPS addon will be released soon too for the new connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.