Apple Sues Australian Grocery Store Over Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Maybe Apple should change their name/logo entirely since they don't actually sell any fruit. Grocery store customers might get confused. >< /sarcasm.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
@ Apple: What an asshole, that logo for the grocery store doesn't even look close to what Apple uses for their logo. Apple = money grubbing whores.

G

clearly apple cares for it's fanboys-they know they are dumb

Looks more like a swirl to me... The apple logo is an apple with a bite taken out of it. I would hardly call the two logos similar enough for a lawsuit.

Apple: In this economy i'd try to keep/gain customers instead of chasing them away with your bad business practices. This is just sad.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
WOW.

First a college and now a grocery store??!?! Apple needs to die, slowly and painfully.

This is like the last damn straw. This officially makes Apple scum.

stradric

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Apple doesn't give humanity much credit, do they? Some people probably couldn't tell you the address of the White House or who wrote the Declaration of Independence, but I'm sure they could identify the Apple logo in a group of logos even if the Woolworths logo was in the group.

What about the Apple Records logo? It's a freakin Apple! Oh, Apple already lost that battle. Ha! Good luck with this one, jerks.

grumpoz

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
don't believe everything you hear, go read the real truth about this here:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/05/apple-woolworths-in-australian-trademark-dispute-media-in-hys/

basically apple is NOT suing Woolworths and woolworths is using the media.

G

apple is so utterly pathetic. they are just bunch of spoiled little brats.

tomasf

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
so what about the label "Apple" owened by the beattles? showldn´t apple computers stop selling music? don´t star crying about some one elses uses an apple in their logo.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]@ Apple: What an asshole, that logo for the grocery store doesn't even look close to what Apple uses for their logo. Apple = money grubbing whores.[/citation]

Just now realizing this? All it takes it looking at Apple's track record since the mid 80s to realize that they've always been like this. Why do you think Microsoft has a monopoly like it has today? It wasn't because their product was better, it was because they allowed for free development unlike Apple that wanted everyone that developed for the Mac to pay an upfront fee and give Apple royalties.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I dont see how it has anything to do with Apple, I could see it having something to do with apples....but its a grocery store...does Appl really think they own the right to have an apple in everything????

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
[citation][nom]surfer1337dude[/nom]I dont see how it has anything to do with Apple, I could see it having something to do with apples....but its a grocery store...does Appl really think they own the right to have an apple in everything????[/citation]
Of course, heartless bastards usually think they own everything.

Heartless bastards and wayward teens (70% of teens today).

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
This case will take all but 10 seconds to win with an $8 lawyer. Hold up picture of Woolsworth logo, hold up picture of all Apple logos. Done, case closed.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
This one time, I bought some fruit not realizing it wasn't an ipod. Totally ruined my headphones when I jammed the stereo jack in the side of that Red Delicious. I, for one, am actually quite happy that Apple is making sure this won't happen to anyone again.

Status
Not open for further replies.