Apple to Launch iPhone Trade-in Program in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I want to hate on this mostly because I admittedly don't like Apple or their devices (or the way they treat their users with contempt). But at least they're learning that people won't necessarily flock to them like in the past given so many (and sometimes equal if not better) options. Credit to them for doing something new that may also help out people who want the new iDevice.

"Out with the old, in with the...slightly less old device (same good old boring looks and feel, now marginally improved for y'all!)."

or

"Want to upgrade to something, but are afraid of anything new? You've come to the right place!"

I wonder if they're gonna patent the whole trade-in program thing, then sue anyone that has it already.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
cmi86
Whats up with all these incentive to buy an iphone programs ?? The shine must really be staring to wear off on these i devices.

Still the number one smartphone in the world.

iPhone 5S will outsell Galaxy S4 without a trade in, just like every other iteration of iPhone has outsold any other competitor's highest selling smartphone

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010

I wouldn't be surprised if people misinterpreted the technicals as to why Apple would be sueing them in the first place, kind of like that article a couple weeks ago about Apple patenting fingerprint technology and finding the comments overloaded by people who thought Apple was patenting fingerprint technology in general stating that some phones already have it, and not re-reading the article slowly only to find that Apple patented the way in which fingerprinting technology is embedded into phones :\

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013

Just tells me there are alot of idiots out there. With much bigger, faster, better options out they still stick with the lowest common denominator. Waiting on the Note 3 next month myself, truly a phone that blows the tiny Iphone out of the water and with a jump in specs with every release that shames it as well.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
That's a nice move by Apple, can't really fault them for it. Still doesn't make me want an iThing. I also doubt the value of the "trade-in" is very good, and I'll bet you could get more if you just sold your old iPhone on eBay.

Same as these b*stard "we buy any phone/car/whatever" services. Well of course you will buy it. At a lowball price of your choosing. Those friggin' thieves offered £40 on a great phone I would up selling for £120 online.

So yeah, I'm sceptical. Wonder if they'll roll this out to Macbooks, etc as well? If we give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they trade at a fair price, many would be interested.

Passerbuy

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
We in England have had that system in place for year`s it`s called the second hand shop,
I passed one the other week,and the front window was full of mobiles of every description. I think Apple is stooping that low to make money,and I think it is a crazy idea. I am not an Apple fanatic but if I was going to buy shares I wouldn`t buy Apple,because to me they are on the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.