Apple Trademarks 'TabletMac' -- Is it a Sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]How does Modbook do this? Didn't Apple just sue Pystar into oblivion.[/citation]

I wondered that too. Perhaps because they're modifying Apple-branded machines that each come with their own version of OSX?

ready4dis

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
Because Modbook is taking (aka, paying full price) a mac and modifying it, rather than buying hardware elsewere and tricking it to work. So it's all still running on Apple hardware, doesn't upset apple.

g0rilla

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
TabletMac sounds horrible. I wouldn't think apple would call it that. They may just be protecting themselves against impostors.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]g0rilla[/nom]TabletMac sounds horrible. I wouldn't think apple would call it that. They may just be protecting themselves against impostors.[/citation]
Yeah, pretty sure Apple will not pick something like that for one of their product's name. They will probably go for the obvious iTablet or MacWrite or whatever.

xkche

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2009
I think that Apple took the "TabletMac" TM because they don't want cause confusion between the buyers when they show the "iTablet"

lightsaber

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
like who cares....just another reason for Apple to sell another over hyped expensive product!!! If you want a tablet go and get one and stop waiting to get the exact same thing...only 1000 dollars when it comes out for apple.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]xkche[/nom]I think that Apple took the "TabletMac" TM because they don't want cause confusion between the buyers when they show the "iTablet"[/citation]

I was going to say what about the "iTablet"

wira020

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
iPad anyone?

It's funny that there's so much hype around this mythical devices... with no legit source whatsoever... and everyone's assuming it as already the next big innovation from Apple... meh, i'd prefer the microsoft tablet ( dont remember what's it called)... the concept video looks great...

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
If the OLED version doesn't cost at least $1500 it isn't worth buying. The problem with current TabletPCs is they lack the processing power to do anything meaningful. If they pair this with an Atom or an Intel GMA, then its a completely boned idea to even attempt. Especially if your spending extra on a large OLED.

Status
Not open for further replies.