Apple UK Admits Samsung Didn't Copy the iPad (Sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
A sore loser's attempt at a mea culpa but without any tact, grace or honesty. I can see a dozen or so Apple lawyers and marketing directors writing draft after draft of this "apology" to make it as antagonistic as possible. Very unbecoming of a company that makes it a point to give the impression that it is the industry leader, but they can't even put out a professional and tactful statement admitting that they were wrong. Typical Apple Inc.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Apple is just lucky that I am not that judge in the UK court :)

Loosing and that defying a court order... I'd teach them an expensive lesson!
The kind that M$ may be facing in Europe over the Browser selection which they agreed on and then 'accidentally' fudged up.

That sort of bull flies in the US market, but not in Europe.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i hate apple .... seem every one of their employees must have their heads so far up their own wazoo, that they got sued to and love how thier s--- stinks. I swear to god i'm never buying ANY apple products ever.

G

Apple is funny. If another company pulled this crap on them they will probably whine till no tomorrow.

unimatrixzero

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
It's funny how Apple only mentioned the two countries that they've won court battles in but neglect to mention the eight other countries they're losing in.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
No apology. Only shameless self-promotion, rather antagonistic insult to the judge's ruling. Someone needs to be taught a lesson here.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
It would absolutely make my year if the CEO of apple were extradited to the UK to be held in contempt of court. Very simple: They were told to issue a public apology, and instead chose to issue a public insult.

Mr. CEO, the buck stops with you. You can stay at our delightful accommodations as our mandatory guest until such time as your company issues an apology with which we are satisfied. If you aren't sure how to do that, I am fairly certain that Samsung would be willing to help you write one.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
So next Apple will sue you just for being "cooler" or "as cool" as them... ;)
It's time someone throws the hammer at them.

svdb

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Oh and by the way, Apple is a company which almost pays no taxes in its home country, thanks to the Double-Irish-with-Dutch-Sandwich scheme (look it up on Wikipedia), despite that it depends oh so much for its law suits on a justice system all paid for by law abiding tax payers (the rest of us).

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]no offense to Americans but the British judge are have more common sense.[/citation]
I'm American and none taken. After all, a court ordered McDonalds to pay a large sum of money to some stupid lady who spilled her coffee on herself because she was holding it between her legs. I can't imagine anyone fielding a less competent legal system.

If I were the judge that issued the apology order, I'd have tacked on Samsung's court costs as a part of the settlement, and for every day a fitting apology was not posted Apple would pay a 20 million dollar fine that would go to funding the public school system by purchasing non-Apple pcs for the children.

marcolorenzo

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]A sore loser's attempt at a mea culpa but without any tact, grace or honesty. I can see a dozen or so Apple lawyers and marketing directors writing draft after draft of this "apology" to make it as antagonistic as possible. Very unbecoming of a company that makes it a point to give the impression that it is the industry leader, but they can't even put out a professional and tactful statement admitting that they were wrong. Typical Apple Inc.[/citation]

I'm sorry but you must be freaking blind or delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.