Apple UK Has to Publicy Apologise to Samsung for Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
This could get interesting, a public apology like this it could be used worldwide, not only in the UK.
It could end Apple's frivolous lawsuits for good.

830hobbes

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
This is awesome. Fines only go so far. Publicly apologizing for misbehaving should always be part of a frivolous lawsuit punishment.

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
[citation][nom]codefuapprentice[/nom]Apple had this coming.....in the words of Nelson Muntz:http://www.beersoaked.com/blog/wp- [...] -muntz.jpgSorry, i just had to[/citation]
I couldn't agree more.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
This kind of reminds me of cartman on south park where he licks the tears off scott teatherman after making him eat his own parents.. o-o The sweet revenge samsung is getting..

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Knowing how spiteful and backhanded Apple is they will probably comply with this in the most minimal fashion possible, by having the entire court ruling and transcript in 0.5 point font size and the same colour as the background, except the bit where it says "Samsung is not cool" where it will 'magically' become 72 point bold animated fire letters.

serendipiti

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
"The judge said that Samsung wasn't infringing upon Apple patents because the Galaxy Tab wasn't cool."

Seems like a Solomonic decision, just not to anger anybody... or try to please everyone (which in fact is an strange behaviour from a judge). Some Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark?

I feel the apology from apple will be quoting the "because samsung is not cool"...
If this is the candy for Apple, hope they also got a serious ear pull and advice to give up these patent wars...

icemunk

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I wish some patent judge will slap them with a HUGE HUGE fine to get them to stop wasting the courts time over trivial obsurded patent laws. Hit them with a $5 billion dollar fine, and state that the abuse of the patent laws cannot continue.

G

Apple will appeal this and win; Samsung is the one that needs to apologize for the blatant copying and theft!

G

Why is it that everyone wants to steal Apple's ideas and make them as if it's their own? Apple made a touchscreen. Everyone started making touchscreens. Apple put in the revolutionary copy and paste feature in the iPhone 3GS and everyone now has copy and paste on their phones. Apple jumped from Edge to 3G with the iPhone 3G, and now everyone has 3G on their phones. Apple put blazing-fast 4G LTE in the New iPad, and everyone has 4G LTE on their devices. Apple put a A5X chip in the new iPad, now everyone wants to do quad-core processors. Apple lets you multitask on iOS, and Android claims it has "true" multitasking. Android is for geeks. Apple is for the more educated and affluent population. Apple is so clever that the lawsuit will ridicule Android somehow.

Apple needs to protect its intellectual property. Apple patented "Slide to Unlock" and now everyone has it too, even Microsoft, but they aren't a big enough threat for Apple to want to sue them. Look at the iPhone's home screen. It's the same one since 2007 and still going strong. Meanwhile, Android updates their things constantly. Ha! You can't improve on perfection and that's why Apple can maintain the same exact UI since 2007 and still sell like crazy. It's the reason why the iPhone has maintained a 3.5" screen since 2007 and still sells like crazy. Meanwhile, Android manufacturers always release something bigger. Ha! Keep bragging about your specs. Apple will continue the thermonuclear war on Android and Steve Jobs' vision will be realized. Viva the Cult of Apple!!!

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
As much as i hate apple, i still need to remind myself apple is an american company. and sometime overseas market can be cocky at times. but at the end of the day we have to support what little we have left.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]As much as i hate apple, i still need to remind myself apple is an american company. and sometime overseas market can be cocky at times. but at the end of the day we have to support what little we have left.[/citation]
Well, half of it. "Proudly designed by Apple in California. Shamelessly build by Foxconn in Taiwan."

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Apple only seems to win on US soil, probably because they're a US company.

Same old protectionism.

Apple et al should be banned from non US courts until the US sorts their IP laws out, as they are frankly ludicrous and keep raising frivolous cases against rivals.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]samSTEAL2012[/nom]Apple will appeal this and win; Samsung is the one that needs to apologize for the blatant copying and theft![/citation]
You forgot to put "/sarcasm" after your post, people have now incorrectly assumed that you are some brain dead, self-appointed Apple lawyer, Steve Jobs lovin' Mactard

/not really

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Auck Fpple[/nom]Why is it that everyone wants to steal Apple's ideas and make them as if it's their own? Apple made a touchscreen. Everyone started making touchscreens. Apple put in the revolutionary copy and paste feature in the iPhone 3GS and everyone now has copy and paste on their phones. Apple jumped from Edge to 3G with the iPhone 3G, and now everyone has 3G on their phones. Apple put blazing-fast 4G LTE in the New iPad, and everyone has 4G LTE on their devices. Apple put a A5X chip in the new iPad, now everyone wants to do quad-core processors. Apple lets you multitask on iOS, and Android claims it has "true" multitasking. Android is for geeks. Apple is for the more educated and affluent population. Apple is so clever that the lawsuit will ridicule Android somehow.Apple needs to protect its intellectual property. Apple patented "Slide to Unlock" and now everyone has it too, even Microsoft, but they aren't a big enough threat for Apple to want to sue them. Look at the iPhone's home screen. It's the same one since 2007 and still going strong. Meanwhile, Android updates their things constantly. Ha! You can't improve on perfection and that's why Apple can maintain the same exact UI since 2007 and still sell like crazy. It's the reason why the iPhone has maintained a 3.5" screen since 2007 and still sells like crazy. Meanwhile, Android manufacturers always release something bigger. Ha! Keep bragging about your specs. Apple will continue the thermonuclear war on Android and Steve Jobs' vision will be realized. Viva the Cult of Apple!!![/citation]
Seriously, I have thumbed you up when no-one else has, this is the best use of sarcasm I have seen in ages and nobody gets that this is a joke post - well done

Status
Not open for further replies.