Apple Wants 8 Samsung Phones Banned (So Far)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Samsung should be shut down for blatantly copying Apple, and their CEO's arrested and sent to labor camps.

chibiwings

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
"They were about values. At Apple, we value originality and innovation and pour our lives into making the best products on earth. We make these products to delight our customers, not for our competitors to flagrantly copy," - rotten values

rb420

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
[citation][nom]jared_l[/nom]So is Apple gonna send someone to my house to forcefully take my Galaxy S2 out of my hands?[/citation]
Clearly banning the sale of the devices, not the devices themselves. No one gives a flying crap about you or your phone. Carry on.

G

Go Apple! Finally a well done veridict. Google should be shaking now too, both with fury and fear, since Android is little more than an iOS ripoff (and a really bad one at it).

LukeCWM

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
[citation][nom]LYONHART[/nom]Samsung should be shut down for blatantly copying Apple, and their CEO's arrested and sent to labor camps.[/citation]

[citation][nom]DarkPGR[/nom]Go Apple! Finally a well done veridict. Google should be shaking now too, both with fury and fear, since Android is little more than an iOS ripoff (and a really bad one at it).[/citation]

These Apple news stories are the best place to find amusing trolls. =D

jared_l

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]rb420[/nom]Clearly banning the sale of the devices, not the devices themselves. No one gives a flying crap about you or your phone. Carry on.[/citation]

Hahhhh, Apple fanboys are everywhere! Down with Apple. The only thing Samsung is guilty of is taking their product and making it better.

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
[citation][nom]chibiwings[/nom]"They were about values. At Apple, we value originality and innovation and pour our lives into making the best products on earth. We make these products to delight our customers, not for our competitors to flagrantly copy," - rotten values[/citation]

That's why "at Apple, we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." Oh, wait.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
They were about values. At Apple, we value originality and innovation

Yup, someone in Cupertino had an innovative idea inspired by "don't hate the player, hate the game" and decided to patent the idea of a rectangle, a tap, and flat surface. None of these are original, but the idea that a company can own them sure is.

I would not be surprised to find some patent officers were bribed to allow these patents through.

boogalooelectric

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Now lets see what happens when the Samsung suing Apple tril kicks off next year. Let see how Apple fares when they are no longer allowed to use/steal Samsung's patents. When that happens and if Apple is forced to give back the $1 billion + will it be a wash?

What about if the courts decide to ban several Apple products that are found to infringe on Samsung?

Will LYONHART and others come on here and praise Samsung for defending against Apples theft of their patents?

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Anyone have an actual link to the specific patents Apple claims were stolen? I've been googling for a few minutes now, but perhaps that information hasn't been released. I'm trying to keep an open mind about this, but would like to know all of the facts.

spunkymunky

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
So now that prior precedence doesn't mean a thing for US patents, Apple is now working on patenting fire, the wheel, and sliced toast.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]boogalooelectric[/nom]Now lets see what happens when the Samsung suing Apple tril kicks off next year. Let see how Apple fares when they are no longer allowed to use/steal Samsung's patents. When that happens and if Apple is forced to give back the $1 billion + will it be a wash?What about if the courts decide to ban several Apple products that are found to infringe on Samsung?Will LYONHART and others come on here and praise Samsung for defending against Apples theft of their patents?[/citation]
Seems to me that is a defensive move on Samsung's part, kind of fighting fire with fire. If Apple goes through and gets Samsung phones banned Samsung will try and get every Apple product they can banned hoping to reach an agreement to allow both companies to sell phones. As for your question yes I will support Samsung if they try that since it will be pretty much the only way to force Apple to back down and not just try and ban every company they see as a threat instead of just making better products.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ricdiculus[/nom]Why must apple ruin it for everyone else??[/citation]
Because being the largest company in history isn't enough. They want to continue to expand by stomping out the competition instead of coming up with new ideas.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
If this is all they ban, then it does not really matter as most of these phones are already on their way out of the market place.

Now if they got the S3 banned, it would be different.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Samsung wants to play then they gotta pay. Sure Apple haters are gonna hate but look at it this way. What makes you decide to buy one car over another? Styling typically right? So if there is a hot selling car and suddenly their rivals build nearly identical cars would that be competitive? Not really, it just means that the rivals simply imitated the design to hopefully profit from it. So Samsung imitated Apple and Apple is trying to design a unique brand. Which of course is not good business, its just ripping off. OK, TH Apple haters, continue with your rants :)

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]Because being the largest company in history isn't enough. They want to continue to expand by stomping out the competition instead of coming up with new ideas.[/citation]

What? How is Apple stomping the competition when the competition is stealing ALL of Apples ideas?!? If the competition wants to beat Apple then make better products instead of copy cat. Latest example is Samsung's Chrome Box, tell me that doesnt look like a MAC mini! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.