Apple Wins Dutch Ban on Samsung Galaxy Products

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Samsung needs to threaten Apple more...lol. Samsung deserves what it gets for being extremely shady and will do whatever they can to strong arm the competition. Sure SamSheep will keep a blind eye as if they prefer foreign companies to take whatever they want from US companies. Apple is one of the very few companies that can fight back.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Best thing would be if a Judge just trows them both out of the Courtroom ... this is just retarded now, instead of doing something positive to get traction with people everyone sues everyone ... the most retarded habit of Americans is getting picked up world wide now ...

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]murzar[/nom]This is the same country that legalized whoring. I can see why they're inclined towards Apple.[/citation]What, precisely, has the oppression of women got to do with Apple and Samsung?

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Usersname[/nom]What, precisely, has the oppression of women got to do with Apple and Samsung?[/citation]

how is legalizing prostitution the oppression of women ? they are free to do what they do best ... get money for sex... if your married its just more insidious :D your getting screwed without knowing it in more ways then one :D

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
[citation][nom]Usersname[/nom]What, precisely, has the oppression of women got to do with Apple and Samsung?[/citation]

Firstly, you're wrong about the 'oppression' part mister. It on the contrary protects them.

Secondly, I was making the connection to 'a person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain'.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]murzar[/nom]This is the same country that legalized whoring. I can see why they're inclined towards Apple.[/citation]
So people like YOU decide what woman can do with their bodies? I smell a control freak...

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
This is VERY VERY VERY old news and A LIE.
Dutch court found some silly gallery stuff "infridge" ages ago, but Samsung fixed that a while ago and there were no "bans".

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
Samsung should refuse to licence any of it's essential mobile patents to apple anymore. This is idiotic. Any company that thinks it's wise to sue the company it depends on for parts and technology required to even make a phone should be slapped across the face.

[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom].....@clonazepam. you really need to use a Note 2 for a while to appreciate how great it is.[/citation]
Maybe I used the wrong acronym. I was referring to the Galaxy Nexus 2. I expected my sister to whip out her iphone, but to my surprise, she had switched to android. Her son also, an Apple fan, surprisingly wielding a blackberry. I think he had already had an ipod anyway, so he uses that for media.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]eternalkp[/nom]unbelievable[/citation]

Amen to that. I would laugh my a$$ if Samsung switched their name to Pear and started putting Pear logo's on all their products like apple with the apple logo.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Just goes to show that judges can be bought anywhere in the world.

Okay okay that's unfair, we (I) don't know the specifics and it may be entirely legit, but banning sales is going waaaay too far, and that right there is what makes it smell rotten to me.

G

They already did get mad about the boxes the phones came in saying it looked like an apple Ipad. dont you remimber that aswell?

Apple is like a spoiled rotton child, that gets angry and (SUES) intead of throwing temper tantrums to get their way.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]Marcus52[/nom]Just goes to show that judges can be bought anywhere in the world.Okay okay that's unfair, we (I) don't know the specifics and it may be entirely legit, but banning sales is going waaaay too far, and that right there is what makes it smell rotten to me.[/citation]
lol

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]Maybe I used the wrong acronym. I was referring to the Galaxy Nexus 2. I expected my sister to whip out her iphone, but to my surprise, she had switched to android. Her son also, an Apple fan, surprisingly wielding a blackberry. I think he had already had an ipod anyway, so he uses that for media.[/citation]
There is no Galaxy Nexus 2 at least I haven't seen one released anywhere.

maddy143ded

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]Samsung needs to threaten Apple more...lol. Samsung deserves what it gets for being extremely shady and will do whatever they can to strong arm the competition. Sure SamSheep will keep a blind eye as if they prefer foreign companies to take whatever they want from US companies. Apple is one of the very few companies that can fight back.[/citation]
yeah like apple creates so many jobs in the us ...
the only thing apple does is outsource all the production to china and mint money by selling overpriced substandard products and make more Americans poorer...

Status
Not open for further replies.