Apple Wins Dutch Ban on Samsung Galaxy Products

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The ban applies to older Android-powered products that make use of an Apple-patented method for scrolling through images in a photo gallery via the utilization of a touch screen.

Seriously? They got a patent to SCROLL THROUGH YOUR PHOTO LIBRARY ON A TOUCHSCREEN PHONE???? Who approved this?

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
If Samsung won one of their lawsuits against all of Apple's mobile products you guys would all cheer. Samsung is currently trying to get pretty much all of apple's mobile devices banned, but they are somehow more righteous.

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
go away apple, let me enjoy my superior Samsung products in peace. tired of your sheep asking me how to install jewels or how to navigate with their icrap.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
There are many reasons to hate apple. From "you are holding it wrong" to doctoring photos and submitting them to the courts as factual evidience. Apple should have been heavily fined for that. They started this thing about banning products and not just winning the judgement. @ sneakysnake. Sure we would cheer. Samsung is moving the industry forward, not trying to stop inovation. Apple doesn't have a friend in the tech world. Is you $120 worth of apps worth it to stay with such a company. BTW you are probably holding it wrong.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Ifthese injunctions were becausevof some important tech patent, is be in apple's favor. But this injunction is not because of some important tech patent. It's because of the way these phones scroll through images. if anything apple looks pathetic trying to ban products for such things that are as insignificant to sales as this.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
THis is absolutely insane, i can't believe Billion $ companies are fighting over stupid shit like this, when there is millions of poeple that have to chose what bills to pay and what bills to put off. While these companies spend Millions on a retarded scrolling features...

This is exactly why i don't buy Apply products, they sue other companies over the silliest things. Not to mention Apple is voiding there bowels where they eat, samsung makes 90% of the chips inside there products..

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Capitalism...Ah, what wonderfully gooey, warm feelings it generates in all consumers.
Patents, the presents those consumers deserve.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]sulanis[/nom]...This is exactly why i [sic] don't buy Apply [sic] products, they sue other companies over the silliest things. Not to mention Apple is voiding there [sic] bowels where they eat, samsung [sic] makes 90% of the chips inside there [sic] products..[/citation] Apple did not invent patent litigation. You, possibly, are not old enough to remember when MS used to be the master of litigation. Now, Apple is the latest company everyone loves to "hate". How stupid wasting emotions like hate on an insentient business.

[citation][nom]keither5150[/nom]Can't Samsung just apologize like Apple did. BTW GN2 is the greatest.[/citation]
Thanksgiving gettogether was fun. Nobody had iPhones to compare, so we all had to whip out our Android smartphones and blackberries and compare photo quality, screen size, connection quality, etc. I use a 1 yr old moto droid bionic, and I was impressed with the Samsung Galaxy N2. It's too bad those folks have a system in place to limit their choices.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if apple is paying off the legal system in these countries, maybe not all, but a few of them for sure.

Of all the world's government corruption, alot of the powerful ones are in the courts.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
Anyone else feel that Apple targeting Samsung is fantastic advertising for Samsung. Maybe HTC, who also makes a great product, should piss off Apple. Maybe their shares would go up. @clonazepam. you really need to use a Note 2 for a while to appreciate how great it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.