Apple WWDC June 7; iPhone Announcement Too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Looking forward to this. In the market for a new phone and the competition right now is great. OS 4.0 looked like a very nice improvement over 3.0 and I'm interested in seeing the new 4th Generation iPhone specific apps as well as the specifics on the hardware outside of the pictures Gizmodo posted. I know there has to be a new chat application to go along with that front facing camera. I'm intrigued.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
Let's see, a CDMA iPhone maybe? An LTE iPhone for 4G? An iTouch with a camera maybe? The announcement that you'll be required to purchase OS 4.0 to be able to use the new Netflix app on the iTouch?

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
For the love of God will you please stop calling it the iphone 4G. It doesn't have 4G (real 4G) support from any carrier and ironically just happens to be the 4th generation of the iphone. The iphone 3G wasn't the 3rd generation iphone!! It's stuff like this that leads to huge confusion to the less tech savy and causes headaches for everyone. If anything call it the iPhone G4 if you must.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]orionantares[/nom]Let's see, a CDMA iPhone maybe? An LTE iPhone for 4G? An iTouch with a camera maybe? The announcement that you'll be required to purchase OS 4.0 to be able to use the new Netflix app on the iTouch?[/citation]

I'd be surprised if there were any iPod announcements. They always do the iPod announcements in September separate from the iPhone stuff.

deividast

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
can't wait for it :) i'm really excited about some news from apple :) last year they finally revealed all about snow leopard and hopefully this year they will introduce an iphone :)

MattPenner

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2007
Somehow I doubt they will even address the issue of locking down 3rd party run times, like Flash or mono. If they do, they'll probably spend 2 minutes on it making it sound like a security feature and a good thing.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
"Isn't San Francisco the gay capital of the world? A place well fit for apple and apple fanboys."

I dont think Gays like to be associated with the dumbed-down technologically illits that become Apple fanboys. I know many real tech-savvy Gay people that cringe at Apple's relentless propaganda and anything Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.