Apple's Jony Ive Says Company Goal Isn't to Make Money

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
His brain is not working right. How come Apple does not sell its products at costs then?

If Apple revolves around non profit and making great products. Why have the same tired old product for years and bringing lawsuits to people over board patents instead of making the next big thing?

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
There's some butthurt Apple fanboys doing damage control and down thumbing comments! It seems some LMAO-patents aren't enough to convience them that Apple is a legit patent troll who doesn't like competition and claims EVERYONE is copying them. Get a clue!

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
LMAO! Really? REALLY? Have you check the markets lately? Have you bought yourself one of your own product? Have you even used it yourself? Have you tried customizing your Apple Desktop? I'm pretty sure you haven't try any of this. I bet Jony Ive has not bought an Apple in his life.

The statement will be true if their price is lower then all other company but no. They are the Worlds greediest Company. Even the finally dead Steve Jobs says it himself.

My friend gave me his 13" macbook pro i7 retina and said I'm lucky to get something so expensive for free. what do I do with it? use it as my 2 year old son's toy. I like my vx7 much more luxury then a crappy pricey macbook that cant do anything

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Apple's Jony Ive Says Company Goal Isn't to Make Money.

Actually I agree entirely. Making money is an honest endeavor. Apple's goal is too steal money from
its gullible and technological subliterate herd of cashcows, better thought off as "iCrap inmates".

More tragically, Apple is also responsible for ushering in a technological dark-age populated by zombies that can't even add a memory module to a laptop, much less replace an old battery.

Yes, Apple is indeed not trying to make money honestly. It is instead stealing money and causing endless grief for other companies whose creativity is being hindered by Trashpple's incessant patent trolling.

Just imagine patenting the rectangle. Soon Apple might patent the age old formula for the area of a rectangel. Area=base x height. If this is not with the goal of stealing money, then what is it?

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Perhaps they should make great products and distribute them for free?

It would be nice if they actually made "great products" to begin with. I went from hating Samsung and
Microsoft to actually becoming their defender and fan. That just about sums up how great Apple's products really are.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I get he is trying to say they don't cut corners to save money on product quality. But...

But they do withhold and trickle feed features, and specs so that you have to upgrade every year. As well as charge a fortune for accessories. And engage in war tactics legally.

The company he is talking about was before the iPod.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
If Apple's goal is to make great products and not money. Then why are Apple products not made in the US giving American jobs since they have so much money, instead of outsourcing for cheap labor and horrible working conditions. Apple just keeps putting their foot in their mouth.

G

I don't like commenting, but seriously, STFU. That's the biggest load of crap I've ever read from Apple, and I've read too much.

subaru41

Feb 6, 2006
Business's outsource the manufacturing of their products to maximize profitability, even if it means compromising the quality of the product. So how is apple not in it for the money?

f-14

Distinguished
another of the worst lies in the history of liars. if you're not out to make money then you would be a NON PROFIT.org

another deceitful evil employee trying to misinform the typical ignorant apple customer.

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Gotta say my morning started out pretty bad, but this brought so much laughter! And what, toilet manufacturers are in the business to create a modern art masterpiece not for waste disposal? Every time crapple says something it is always amusing and the worst part is that their customer's actually believe this nonsense.

G

I would think somebody with money would buy socks! Or just wear Flip Flops or something.....
These folks dress really weird. ;-D

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Interesting to see someone who has no moral compass in regards to honesty. I feel sorry for the short term investors who are impacted by this story. Did he short Apple stock?

G

LOTS of jealous android kids getting red in the face and throwing a fit here!

Apple makes much better and faster products, and thus, people are willing to pay more for them. Deal with it.

leongrado

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2010
Apple is an overpriced brand name. Just like expensive bag brands that carry the same crap as a cheap nameless brand. People still buy them because them and they don't really complain about it so why do we complain about Apple? Yes little Jony here is probably BSing hard but still all the criticism about Apple is unnecessary IMHO.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Yes, Apple the non-profit doing good for the whole world. Oh wait ... everything they sell is overpriced to the point of greediness. What a lame thing to say.[/citation]
maybe your are a little wrong....if you build a good product the you should be able to whatever price you want on it, no matter if it's low are high.

Status
Not open for further replies.