Apple's Request to Triple $1.05B Samsung Damages Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Apple, before the value of your stock falls to the ground, please donate your 100s of billions to the US public debt.

csbeer

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Compete in the marketplace, not the courtroom. This whole disgusting episode undermines the legitimacy of intellectual property and harms the sanctity of the court when cases involving blatant ripping off of products need to be heard.

stoogie

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2010
apple needs to grow up, stop stealing ideas, stop trying to prevent sales of competitors through loopholes in the patent system, and try to earn some respect.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Apple, before the value of your stock falls to the ground, please donate your 100s of billions to the US public debt.[/citation]

I would love to see that company proverbially shot through a chain link fence, ... repeatedly ...
Being istupid is not illegal. ...And it is very iprofitable to have istupid as a iclient.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Apple the worst thing that happened to IT industry, guess Bill Gates shouldn`t have gave that money to Steve back in '97 or when it was.
Some will come and say but w/o Apple there wouldn`t have been ipods/ipads/iphones... well search a bit and all those products were already out there few years before Apple pushed it with candy eye design.

InvalidError

Titan
We need more courts and PTOs waking up to patent abuse.

With about half the patents in Apple's lawsuit successfully disputed in various courts and PTOs around the world, I hope Samsung will have better luck having the fine substantially downsized. In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I would aim for at least 3X less.

yo-ma-se-naai

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
So gonna buy the S4, apple i(whatever) will never see a cent from me... they should grow up and actually invent something different...

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]jupiter optimus maximus[/nom]Apple, before the value of your stock falls to the ground, please donate your 100s of billions to the US public debt.[/citation]

They already owe part of that money (taxes that was evaded - Why pay anything to the home country when you can rather screw it over while it sinks - Companies that care at its best! /end sarcasm).

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
[citation][nom]stoogie[/nom]apple needs to grow up, stop stealing ideas, stop trying to prevent sales of competitors through loopholes in the patent system, and try to earn some respect.[/citation]

I think you need a history lesson... Samsung are the company that ripped off Apple and started the war, not the other way around. That doesn't excuse Apple for what it is doing in the courtrooms, but had Samsung not stole the ideas in the first place I don't think we would be where we are today. Samsung to their credit have taken the lead in terms of innovating, but that doesn't excuse what they did either.

exeedorbit

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
I believe you're forgetting that most of apple's "innovative" ideas, were done way before they did it. Tablets, even the iPod wasn't an original idea. So don't preach about the situation like Apple's never done it.

halcyon

Splendid
Don't worry. Apple is falling. They may not die but I think their days of what some might have called "greatness" are rapidly ending to over. Folks are realizing that they've been out-competed...even the faithful are leaving.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

100 billion for public that would be nothing, the fact if you really look at how we spend our money 100 billions of a joke amount. Really the only way we can get differences in our politicians and hopefully get rid of the debt would be get money out of politics.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Apple is to prideful and arrogant. They had a good product when the iPhone first came out, but now they are behind eveyone else in the smartphone market. They tried this same crap decades ago, and got beat bad by Microsoft with Macs vs PCs. They tried to control the hardware and software and now they are trying the same formula, but streamlining it with lawyers. And Google (like Microsoft did) is slowly beating the crap out of them. They didn't have it right then and they don't have it right now, no matter how down and dirty they get with their lawyers. They should have learned a lesson, make a good simple to use OS and get some of the other hardware/handset makers onboard, then it wouldn't be one company vs everyone else, but more of a team capatalism effort -- less fighting and more inovative idea profit.

righteousrami

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Rot in hell jobs look at the shit company you have created. Nothing but my hate goes out to you and your company you stupid motherfucka.
Just looked on mactalk forums...people there trash samsung/microsoft and worship apple stating they deliver innovative solutions that are ahead of the market...these people are delusional and i pitty their poor state of mind.
Apple are so greedy for money they want to stop innovation in the process for their own benefit. They dont care about general technology, only their designs which if you know your tech is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.