Apple's Stock Has Dropped Last Six Times Tim Cook Talked

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]lunyone[/nom]Could it be that the market is just re-positioning the stock down to it's realistic value?[/citation]

Yes, that and the Steve Jobs worshippers are losing confidence in their golden idol.
But in any case, I just wish all the patent trolling would cease. It keeps the prices of electronics artificially high.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]Chairman Ray[/nom]Losing almost 1/3 of stock price in just a quarter is quite a downfall. They still won't beat how fast Facebook's stock fell though.[/citation]

Look up Nortel Networks.
That has been a disaster here in Canada.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
[citation][nom]lunyone[/nom]Could it be that the market is just re-positioning the stock down to it's realistic value?[/citation]

How does one derive a value of a company? Well there's it's physical assets, there's also it's rate of income, then there's that unquantifiable portion which can be best described as in the market's expectations for tomorrow.
So since Tim took over, what's changed? Well it's assets and income is more or less the same, and if the iPhone 5 numbers are to be believed they are in fact doing better than ever. The only thing that's changed is the leadership, and under the new guy they've stopped believin', they've lost that feeling!

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]The_Trutherizer[/nom]The market can be a nasty place. But then Apple's strategy and pricing has always been a bit nasty as well. Cook is just not as good at selling it.[/citation]
Naturally, since "the market" is driven by fickle and fearful "investors" who drop shares on mere rumors. Like this example which lost Samsung $10 BILLION in market value:
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/DigiTimes-Samsung-DRAM-Elpida-Apple,news-15274.html

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Cook stated that OLED are awful...
Oh, yeah. It is awful when you can't get them to use in your products...

[citation][nom]bluekoala[/nom]Yes, that and the Steve Jobs worshippers are losing confidence in their golden idol.But in any case, I just wish all the patent trolling would cease. It keeps the prices of electronics artificially high.[/citation]
This cannot depend on companies. USPO, not Apple, is broken and it's up to the politicians to fix it. Apple is just well known for misusing (heck, threatening Palm with a patent litigation if they don't sign no-hire policy!) it, but they didn't create the system.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]mman74[/nom]How does one derive a value of a company? Well there's it's physical assets, there's also it's rate of income, then there's that unquantifiable portion which can be best described as in the market's expectations for tomorrow.So since Tim took over, what's changed? Well it's assets and income is more or less the same, and if the iPhone 5 numbers are to be believed they are in fact doing better than ever. The only thing that's changed is the leadership, and under the new guy they've stopped believin', they've lost that feeling![/citation]

I think you are putting more faith in investors actually knowing something about the company and "investing" their money in some kind of wise way. The stock market is, bottom line, mostly about gambling, rolling the dice just like in a craps game.

A company selling shares of itself to raise capital is a good thing, but this business of selling those shares back and forth as a normal way of doing business is just insane. And, even crazier than that, games like poker are illegal in much of America, and internet poker is still illegal. We can put the country in a recession with bad stock market gambling, but we can't play poker for fun? Absolutely looney-toons.

It's very clear to me that Apple's stock has been vastly over-valued (but then, the value of something is determined by how much a customer will pay for it, so if someone is willing to pay $700/share, it's worth that at the time.) and frankly I wonder how it got that way, and why isn't the FTC looking into possible market price manipulation (maybe they are).

dragonetti

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
IMO people see more and more what Apple is. Aside that they have a steady group followers(for how long??), people realize that their isn't much revolution anymore from Apple. Plus the fact the way en by whom the device are made en how much profit is made over the back of factory workers, customer and environment they are turning their backs from Apple to invest in and buying their product. Stock are going to their real value in stead of the hyped value, lets see what happens with their product prices and profits when Apple is forest to sale their product against lower rates do to the strong persistent competition from outer manufacturers and sales in the upcoming countries and competition at that market.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Trolling article

Seriously. Apple BECAME the world's most valuable company (based on stock) under Tim Cook. This is the same as the Madden curse.

It's called REGRESSION TO MEAN, look it up.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]It's because he and the company haven't found any new ways to sucker the kids into buying their products....[/citation]
i think their sales are fine. just people can now see through their inflated value as a company that sells only what, 6 different products? and other companies are innovating on overdrive right now, apple can no longer keep up

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]Every time I see that picture of him with that smug face I want to punch him.[/citation]
Don't bother, after the next 2 announcements the stock will drop below $300 and the board will fire him

the1kingbob

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
To be fair, Apple stock has been falling most days in a week since the big 7 hedgefunds sold their stake. The sell of all started with those groups trying to avoid the possible increase in capital gains tax increases, it has nothing to do with Cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.