Apple's Yearly Profits Surmounts Entire PC Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

DearSX

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
hahhahaahaha, Apple already won long ago. Even if the company declines now or in the near future, they are filthy rich.

echondo

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I don't understand how this is considered news. I don't care about the profits of the company, I care about the quality of the product and support service that the company provides.

Apple doesn't have quality products and sure as Hell doesn't have quality support. In my opinion, Apple is one of the most rotten and wasteful companies I have ever seen. You know what I do with rotten apples? I throw them away, in the trash where they belong.

kracker

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
One thing I know, Apple has many minions that they have tricked...

Baaaa! Where's the new iSuck you said would be released? Baaaa

G

DearSX 11/28/2012 2:05 AM
Hide
-0+

hahhahaahaha, Apple already won long ago. Even if the company declines now or in the near future, they are filthy rich.

Why are you happy that a company overcharges for underperforming tech?

Won what? Why do you cheer for corporations than for the consumer? Isheep sure are a dumb lot!

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Whelp.... good for them I guess. A business successfully doing what businesses are supposed to do.

Wonder if they'd like to pay my credit card bills with some of their pocket pennies--and my student loans--and my car loan... what whatever else pops into my mind for the foreseeable future.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]I don't understand how this is considered news. I don't care about the profits of the company, I care about the quality of the product and support service that the company provides.Apple doesn't have quality products and sure as Hell doesn't have quality support. In my opinion, Apple is one of the most rotten and wasteful companies I have ever seen. You know what I do with rotten apples? I throw them away, in the trash where they belong.[/citation]

What do stock market analysts primarily look at?

Profits. Profits. Profits. And maybe a bit of PR.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]I don't understand how this is considered news. I don't care about the profits of the company, I care about the quality of the product and support service that the company provides.Apple doesn't have quality products and sure as Hell doesn't have quality support. In my opinion, Apple is one of the most rotten and wasteful companies I have ever seen. You know what I do with rotten apples? I throw them away, in the trash where they belong.[/citation]

Apple doesn't have quality support? Are you insane they have really good customer service and access to support. Even if you have a phone on contract from a carrier the Apple store still assists people off warranty.

If you buy a laptop and they come out with a new model in a certain period, no questions asked they replace it. You have questions with anything, book an appointment at the genius bar.

Apple's customer service is unmatched when it comes to smartphones, tablets and computers.

G

The bottom line is money talks bull$hit walks, the haters inevitably mean nothing if they dont have an impact on a company's bottom line, choice is a bitch and the people have made their choice.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]bigdragon[/nom]This is why I'm always amused when my friend complains about the 1%'ers and then gets out his iPhone to call someone or look something up.[/citation]

If he uses a Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Nokia windows 8 phone how does that change anything?

What does complaining about the 1% and having an iPhone versus any other smartphone make a difference? They're all billion dollar companies. If anything, Apple pays a higher tax rate to the US government than Microsoft does or the other companies mentioned.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
And yet all of those (with the exception of Facebook) add more to the world and do more for technological advancement than Apple does. Lesson to take here is, create fads and get rich.

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010

And you would be oh so wrong on so many points, its just to bad you dont understand where....

IAmVortigaunt

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
ummm, this is somewhat ridiculous. you pick and choose which cohorts of companies you compare apple to. "Entire PC Industry"? You don't even include the company that makes the OS for the PC Industry--i.e. Microsoft. Since Apple makes both the OS and the hardware, they reap profits on both. You only include the hardware profits...and only from a subset of pc makers. Also, there are component suppliers at play here too. Basically, the premise of this article is linkbait, and not a real comparison of profits between Apple and (other) PC makers.

G

I wonder if the 40 billions includes the capital gain from the company stock held by Apple itself. Lets consider 40% margin of $500 iPad for example, 40 billions profit means Apple has to sell 200 million units to the market in a year, which is definitely not possible at the moment. As iPad and iPhone should contribute the most profit now, Apple sales record did not reflect they have sold that number of units. Other income from Mac, iPod, or the iTunes stores, or even lawsuit win and loyalty are also unlikely to make up the differences. But if you take into account the appreciation of share price from a year ago, yeah that might be possible.

However, if the share price goes down, there could be big decrease in profit as well. Or maybe Apple is also playing the stock market at the moment to earn extra income.

Someone should really take a look at the P&L statement from Apple to see where those profit come from.

helltag

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
and the morons and sheep keep flooding out. This is as bad as creationists comments on an evolution site. Why do all you morons think you need to pray and obey some company and condemn another? None of these companies give a shit about you beyond your wallet, just enjoy tech. Now I'll get back to my Windows 8 computer shared with my Apple Macbook and see what's new on my iPhone and iPad before playing a game on my xbox.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Whether this is true or not, Apple is making serious profits. No wonder Microsoft is retooling themselves to become more Apple-like. Hope it fails, I can ignore Apple, I can't ignore Microsoft (yet).

Skeete_UK

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2006
Ethically its very bad for a company to take such massive profits. A business is there to make money and nobody can argue that, but when a corporation makes 10 fold more than interest and inflation it means someone else is losing out. While Apple sit on their billions and don't put that back in the economy they are driving a decline in the welfare of every American. (I am a Brit BTW). Don't get me started on Tax avoidance either.

Status
Not open for further replies.