application error MADNESS

nikita

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004

I have gotten an "access violation (0000005) address
0x1000a7dc" that happens upon start up of a program. I
cannot run the program. I have uninstalled/installed the
program with the same results. what to do?

nikita wrote:

> I have gotten an "access violation (0000005) address
> 0x1000a7dc" that happens upon start up of a program. I
> cannot run the program. I have uninstalled/installed the
> program with the same results. what to do?

What is the name of the application? In general, this
situation will arise if the application is not written
for Windows NT or it carries code that is not suitable
for Windows NT. There are a number that were ported for
Windows 9X and then migrated or re-written in toto for
Windows 2000/XP, and they will never run in Windows NT.
Could oen of these.

Get a copy of the watson log to the application developer.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]