Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1000
Source: Application Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3, version
%4, fault address 0x%5.

when I open one browser then try to open another it comes up error has to
close this program.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"bandyboo2006" <bandyboo2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB83768-2363-4497-B2D7-887130168D08@microsoft.com...
> Product: Windows Operating System
> ID: 1000
> Source: Application Error
> Version: 5.2
> Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
> Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3, version
> %4, fault address 0x%5.
>
> when I open one browser then try to open another it comes up error has to
> close this program.

ok Mark I tried that and it says cant find sfc/scannow when i boot my
computer up a box looks for scan disk and it says no scan disk attached..
what else can I do please help me quickly!!!!

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "bandyboo2006" <bandyboo2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB83768-2363-4497-B2D7-887130168D08@microsoft.com...
> > Product: Windows Operating System
> > ID: 1000
> > Source: Application Error
> > Version: 5.2
> > Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
> > Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3, version
> > %4, fault address 0x%5.
> >
> > when I open one browser then try to open another it comes up error has to
> > close this program.

bandyboo2006, please take a closer look:

NOT "sfc/scannow"

WITH A SPACE: "sfc /scannow"

It should work.

--
Madboy

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

You need to have a space between the c and the slash..<sfc /scannow>.

> ok Mark I tried that and it says cant find sfc/scannow when i boot my
> computer up a box looks for scan disk and it says no scan disk attached..
> what else can I do please help me quickly!!!!
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy
>> "bandyboo2006" <bandyboo2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Product: Windows Operating System
>> > ID: 1000
>> > Source: Application Error
>> > Version: 5.2
>> > Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
>> > Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3,
>> > version
>> > %4, fault address 0x%5.
>> >
>> > when I open one browser then try to open another it comes up error has
>> > close this program.

Is it possible to use "sfc /scannow" in this way even with SP2?

Thanks,
SWL

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "bandyboo2006" <bandyboo2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAB83768-2363-4497-B2D7-887130168D08@microsoft.com...
> > Product: Windows Operating System
> > ID: 1000
> > Source: Application Error
> > Version: 5.2
> > Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
> > Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3, version
> > %4, fault address 0x%5.
> >
> > when I open one browser then try to open another it comes up error has to
> > close this program.

some report needing to press "r" for 'retry', quite a few times

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"SWL" <SWL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DA78EF4-E8BA-4A61-8048-93711981616F@microsoft.com...
> Is it possible to use "sfc /scannow" in this way even with SP2?
>
> Thanks,
> SWL
>
> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "bandyboo2006" <bandyboo2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Product: Windows Operating System
>> > ID: 1000
>> > Source: Application Error
>> > Version: 5.2
>> > Symbolic Name: ER_USERCRASH_LOG
>> > Message: Faulting application %1, version %2, faulting module %3, version
>> > %4, fault address 0x%5.
>> >
>> > when I open one browser then try to open another it comes up error has to
>> > close this program.

I have tried the "sfc /scannow", and I did have to click the "retry" button
quite a few times, but it finally stopped requesting "retry"; does that mean
mission accomplished or did it just quit the process? Should I investigate
"streaming"

Thanks again
swl

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> some report needing to press "r" for 'retry', quite a few times
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "SWL" <SWL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DA78EF4-E8BA-4A61-8048-93711981616F@microsoft.com...
> > Is it possible to use "sfc /scannow" in this way even with SP2?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > SWL
> >
> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mark L. Ferguson
> >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> >> "bandyboo2006" <bandyboo2006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

If you still cannot open more than one instance of IE at a time, you should probably do a Repair, or "Upgrade" setup of XP.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350 How to
Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--
Mark L. Ferguson