Application Has Been Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware

Daltonb1062

Prominent
May 31, 2017
So, i recently purchased a Titan Black and have had no luck with it so far. Every time I boot up a game (CSGO for example) i get weird screen glitching, then it will just freeze and then i get a message from windows saying 'Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware' and I've searched all over the internet for some way to trouble shoot this. I've used DDU to uninstall my current drivers and then installed the latest drivers multiple times, and even rolled back to the second latest drivers with no luck. My old 1050ti works with no issues on the same set of drivers installed but not the Titan. I've tried everything i can find on the internet about it with no luck.

Can anyone give me some advice? Or even possible causes to this issue other than drivers? I just need something else to troubleshoot at this point. I can't just 'Buy a new one' like I've been told. I simply don't have the money for it. But could it be a damaged card by chance? I really hope not.

Anything helps.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/application-blocked-accessing-graphics-hardware-error-windows-10-solved/

Have a look at the first solution in the above article (as it seems you've tried the driver one).

If still no luck I would suggest you post your full system specs for others to provide assist.

Daltonb1062

Prominent
May 31, 2017

I'll give it a try. But, in the mean time I'll go ahead and spec out my PC.
Ryzen 3 1300x 4.1GHZ
Titan Black (EVGA No overclock or anything.)
MSI B350 Gaming Plus
8GB DDR4
1TB 7200rpm HDD
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (I know, stupid overkill. But i wanted to fill the blank space in my case and leave room for overclocking anything i tackle later on.)
Corsair CX 550 M PSU (Could this be the issue?)

Daltonb1062

Prominent
May 31, 2017

I actually just tried that with no luck about an hour ago. I ran the Scan Health step and it showed that no issues where found or something along the lines of that. There was nothing to repair.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan-black/specifications

I initially had suspicions about power delivery, and according to Nvidia it's recommended for a minimum of a 600W PSU. Personally I can't say whether insufficient power delivery can cause the issue you've mentioned, but the officially underspecced PSU is something I wouldn't ignore in the long term.

Though I don't think I can add much further, I assume the issue only occurs in graphically intensive tasks and not normal desktop use? If so, I would be erring to think the PSU is the issue.

Hopefully someone more experienced can confirm or otherwise.

Daltonb1062

Prominent
May 31, 2017

The only time i have issues is when I launch a game or even on something as simple as google maps. Anything that requires some GPU more than normal use causes issues. I did notice just now (after updating my MoBo BIOS. Thought it may have been an issue. No luck) that when a game does freak out and causes that message, that my GPU usage goes up to 100%. Should a game like CSGO do that? Just loading into the main screen?

I wouldn't think loading screens should be a problem; though I do recall in one of my games the fps was the highest it ever reached during a loading screen.

Came across a Microsoft support thread which suggested looking at this fix. Might be worth looking into.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-display-driver-has-stopped-responding/5caff7ea-bed5-4111-baac-e72d32d4dbe2?auth=1

Other than that, have you tried monitoring temperatures? And is it possible to test the Titan Black on another PC? If not, perhaps the other PCIe lane on the motherboard.

Daltonb1062

Prominent
May 31, 2017

Same message when i tried to set the TDR delay to 8 and when i disabled TDR checker. 'Application has been blocked...' You know. The max temperature (according to CPUID) it hit that time was only 53C which isn't bad yet, right? And I will try another PCIe lane next. I have a buddy that lives near me with a 650w PSU in his system for his 1080. I'll see if i can get a in touch with him to see if that's the issue.

Sounds like a safe temperature (saw mentions of 82 deg C being the maximum but I haven't verified it by cross checking). See if the other PCIe lane behaves differently, if it doesn't then we can narrow it down to it being connected to the graphics card.

If able to either test the Titan Black on your friend's system or a more powerful PSU, it could help confirm whether it works properly. Here's hoping for good results.

Daltonb1062

Prominent
May 31, 2017
Hooked it into the next lower PCIe lane and same result. I couldn't actually test it on my friends system seeing that he did not have a 6 pin connector and an 8 pin, only one 8 pin. I'm just going to order a Corsair Cx750m Friday. If I that doesn't solve the issue, I'm not sure what would. I'll keep posted. Let me know if you or anyone finds any better solutions just in case!

Daltonb1062

Prominent
May 31, 2017
I've decided to contact the seller of the card at this point... Said it was "tested" but I'm starting to think he just tested it by seeing if the PC would output to a display. See if i can't get e full refund or something..

*Update: I'm shipping the card back today for a full refund.. Damn.