Application not found HELP!

davidgar026

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
So I was trying to move files from my Local Disk to my Internal Drive. I moved my program files and after I moved them I restarted my PC and the programs say, ''Application not found''. How do I restore it back? I was moving files because my memory on my SSD was full and I wanted to move most of my files from my SSD to my Internal drive.

Solution
Take caution when you move files and do shutdown. When you start a copy or move the system returns co tell but the copy is not actually completed until later. It is put I to a queue managed by a service, the service does the copy in the background. The system should block a shutdown at this time but you can force it and your files can be lost. When you reboot you may find you have none of the original also files and only a partial copy of the files you tried to move to the new location.

If they are just programs you would reinstall them. If the move completed you could move them back so the registry entries match up to the file locations.
Take caution when you move files and do shutdown. When you start a copy or move the system returns co tell but the copy is not actually completed until later. It is put I to a queue managed by a service, the service does the copy in the background. The system should block a shutdown at this time but you can force it and your files can be lost. When you reboot you may find you have none of the original also files and only a partial copy of the files you tried to move to the new location.

If they are just programs you would reinstall them. If the move completed you could move them back so the registry entries match up to the file locations.

Solution