Application Priority

I've been using the Task Manager to set the priority of some tasks that my
computer runs to low. This works great but is time consuming every time I
start my computer or log off and back on again. I have to set nearly a dozen
priorities.

Is there a way to automatically set the priority of an application that
usually loads normal to low when it first loads instead of having to go
through Task Manager every time?

Black Wolf Standing wrote:
> I've been using the Task Manager to set the priority of some tasks
> that my computer runs to low. This works great but is time consuming
> every time I start my computer or log off and back on again. I have
> to set nearly a dozen priorities.
>
> Is there a way to automatically set the priority of an application
> that usually loads normal to low when it first loads instead of
> having to go through Task Manager every time?

Why are you setting Priority levels of tasks?

--
<- Shenan ->

Phydeaux answered my question. But to answer your's, I have a number of
applications that run in the back ground. I want these applications not to
slow down my normal work. So, I set their priority low so that when I'm
working on my computer, they're not interfering in my normal work too much.
Memory is not a problem for me, it's CPU time that is.

Black Wolf Standing wrote:
> I've been using the Task Manager to set the priority of some tasks
> that my computer runs to low. This works great but is time consuming
> every time I start my computer or log off and back on again. I have
> to set nearly a dozen priorities.
>
> Is there a way to automatically set the priority of an application
> that usually loads normal to low when it first loads instead of
> having to go through Task Manager every time?

See: http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/14500/14500.html

Use the Start command with a " /high " switch.

--
Remove nospam in email

Black Wolf Standing wrote:
> Phydeaux answered my question. But to answer your's, I have a number
> of applications that run in the back ground. I want these
> applications not to slow down my normal work. So, I set their
> priority low so that when I'm working on my computer, they're not
> interfering in my normal work too much. Memory is not a problem for
> me, it's CPU time that is.

Ah - interesting.. Cool - just wanted to know. =)

--
<- Shenan ->