Hi,

Some application do not un-install by the add/remove command because of
missing files. Is there a typical way to remove these application, other
than the add/remove command?

I need to remove an application, because it is not working. I tried to
re-install it, but this does not fix the application. It is my belief that
I need to delete this application somehow, before I can re-install it to a
working state.

Thanks,

KJBoies wrote:

> Some application do not un-install by the add/remove command because of
> missing files. Is there a typical way to remove these application, other
> than the add/remove command?

Locate the directory the app is in and delete it.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

From: "KJBoies" <kjboies@ameritech.net>

| Hi,
|
| Some application do not un-install by the add/remove command because of
| missing files. Is there a typical way to remove these application, other
| than the add/remove command?
|
| I need to remove an application, because it is not working. I tried to
| re-install it, but this does not fix the application. It is my belief that
| I need to delete this application somehow, before I can re-install it to a
| working state.
|
| Thanks,

It depends on if they are malware or not.

If they are legitimate software, reinstall the software then remove it again. You may also
look to the maker/vendor for an uninstaller or removal instructions. Some may have a
separate uninstaller in the Start--> programs menu.

If it is malware then you need to remove it with anti malware software like SpyBot Search
and Destroy v1.4 and Ad-aware SE v1.06.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Thanks David,

It is a legitimate software program, and I have tried to re-install it.
Although it does not say that anything is wrong with installation the
application, Creative PlayCenter, does not install?

I have done everything I can thing of: installed it into a different file
location, clean sweep, remove WDM drive with driver Utility tool, but
nothing has deleted the PlayCenter and it will not launch the way it is now?

KJBoies wrote:

> It is a legitimate software program, and I have tried to re-install it.

Then contact the vendor of the legit software program.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

From: "KJBoies" <kjboies@ameritech.net>

| Thanks David,
|
| It is a legitimate software program, and I have tried to re-install it.
| Although it does not say that anything is wrong with installation the
| application, Creative PlayCenter, does not install?
|
| I have done everything I can thing of: installed it into a different file
| location, clean sweep, remove WDM drive with driver Utility tool, but
| nothing has deleted the PlayCenter and it will not launch the way it is now?

I suggest contacting the maker/vendor.