[SOLVED] Applications crash after adding more RAM ?

minimlbanalyst

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
A few days ago I added 2x8(16) gb of ram to my already 16 gb. I ran memtest86 for all 32 gb and there were no errors. Fortnite seems to crash randomly, and it never did before i upgraded the RAM. I have always had the ram at 3200 mhz. Would increasing the voltage help with the crashing? The voltage is currently 1.2V.

Solution
No problem, just really helps to have all that information.

While your memory is not in the QVL and there are several similar under the 3200MHz group, the CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 is 2x16GB rather than 4 sticks and all of the Corsair 3200MHz runs at 1.35V. On the Corsair page for your memory the specs are at 1.35V so it is perfectly safe.

I would start it with one set and increase the Vdimm (memory voltage to 1.35V) then shutdown and add the second pair to see if it will run.

If it does run test it with memtest86 (free version).

It may not run at all or at the full speed (2133MHz would be most likely if it won't run full speed), and if not your best course of action is to contact Corsair support to see if they can...

RealBeast

Titan
A few days ago I added 2x8(16) gb of ram to my already 16 gb. I ran memtest86 for all 32 gb and there were no errors. Fortnite seems to crash randomly, and it never did before i upgraded the RAM. I have always had the ram at 3200 mhz. Would increasing the voltage help with the crashing? The voltage is currently 1.2V.
Please edit your post to include more information for users to provide useful suggestions, including the exact memory model(s) and motherboard model. Many sets of 4 DDR4 running at 3200MHz run at 1.35V and that will be listed in the memory QVL for your board or the memory maker support page.

minimlbanalyst

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018
Please edit your post to include more information for users to provide useful suggestions, including the exact memory model(s) and motherboard model. Many sets of 4 DDR4 running at 3200MHz run at 1.35V and that will be listed in the memory QVL for your board or the memory maker support page.
Sorry. The motherboard is the Gigabyte z390M gaming.
The RAM is Corsair Vengeance LPX. This is the model number: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Sorry again for my bad explanation.

RealBeast

Titan

While your memory is not in the QVL and there are several similar under the 3200MHz group, the CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 is 2x16GB rather than 4 sticks and all of the Corsair 3200MHz runs at 1.35V. On the Corsair page for your memory the specs are at 1.35V so it is perfectly safe.

I would start it with one set and increase the Vdimm (memory voltage to 1.35V) then shutdown and add the second pair to see if it will run.

It may not run at all or at the full speed (2133MHz would be most likely if it won't run full speed), and if not your best course of action is to contact Corsair support to see if they can swap out 32GB memory that will run.

Last edited:
Solution

minimlbanalyst

Commendable
Dec 17, 2018

It may not run at all or at the full speed (2133MHz would be most likely if it won't run full speed), and if not your best course of action is to contact Corsair support to see if they can swap out 32GB memory that will run.
ok, thank you!

Reactions: RealBeast