Applications take such a long time to load.

WummyWumWum

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
My applications take 10 - 15 just to open on start up. It is a gaming PC I built. 16 GB of RAM and an R7 370. It games really well, but every time i turn it on, it takes forever to load. No SSD, only Hard Drive. Thanks.

Solution
10-15 what? Seconds? Minutes? Hours?

Someone gave me an SSD a few weeks ago and some of my programs still take 10+ seconds to load from it. If you mean 10+ minutes, then run HDTach, Disk Mark or some other software with SMART monitoring and check for failure indicators which may explain the drive's horrible performance. You may also want to run the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool just in case. If you haven't run Windows' defragger in a while, that may be worth a shot too.

InvalidError

Titan
10-15 what? Seconds? Minutes? Hours?

Someone gave me an SSD a few weeks ago and some of my programs still take 10+ seconds to load from it. If you mean 10+ minutes, then run HDTach, Disk Mark or some other software with SMART monitoring and check for failure indicators which may explain the drive's horrible performance. You may also want to run the HDD manufacturer's diagnostic tool just in case. If you haven't run Windows' defragger in a while, that may be worth a shot too.

Solution