Question Applied Thermal Paste, But Now Get Half Normal Frames

Oct 8, 2018
I applied thermal paste, then booted my PC back up. I found all my drivers uninstalled, then reinstalled them. I opened up CS:GO and found I was maxing around 30 fps. Normally I would get around 100-80 fps all game modes and maps. Even League Of Legends was Max at 30 fps. Before I would get around 100 on Max settings on LOL, I had to reduce the graphics to very low in order to even reach 60 fps. Almost every game I've tried gets around half the frames I would originally.
Please help.

Specs:
GTX 1050 TI
A10-7850k CPU
8GB Corsair vengeance RAM

you RE-applying thermal paste is not going to cause drivers to be uninstalled. obviously something other has happened or been happening.
what driver(s) have you had the problem with?

did you change anything else; plug display into wrong port? reset\change BIOS settings? change options in Nvidia Control Panel? etc...

it's possible even that you have incorrectly applied the thermal paste and now it is just high temperatures throttling your CPU and causing the bad game responses.
check your GPU, CPU, and memory clocks and see if you are currently running at the right speeds while in heavy use. also check temps and see if everything is operating in good ranges.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Silly question:

When you re-applied thermal paste, you also re-applied the CPU cooler, correct?

And yes, there should be no need to reinstall drivers with a cooler swap. These have no bearing on one another, so something else has occurred here.