[SOLVED] Applying pressure on my laptop turns off the screen.

Nov 18, 2021
I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 and I just installed a new NVME SSD.

The laptop and the SSD both work fine. But I must've done something bad in the installation process. when I'm typing; specifically the buttons in the middle of the keyboard, the screen turns off completely and when I stop typing, it turns back on. This also happens when I apply pressure on the palmrest or on the trackpad.

I followed the instructions to this video perfectly.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBV_y2cyzHI

What could be causing this? I think I'm gonna have to pop it open again to check for issues, but what should I look for?

Nov 18, 2021
Look for a pinched cable, connector, or any place else where some metal to metal contact is shorting out the power.

Especially in the areas around keyboard, palm rest, and touch pad.
Also reset the ribbon cables (The video and keyboard cables) to make sure they are plugged in securely.

The problem happened less and less frequently after a few hours of use. But to be extra safe I opened it again today and pushed in the cables that I suspect I may have touched. So far it hasn't happened so I think I'm good. Thank you.

There was a little cable close to the battery connector specifically that I think was the culprit. I pushed down on the clip to make sure it's fastened properly.