Appropriate graphic card for my system

mihovilpuh

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Hi guys...im looking to update my system with a new graphic card and i dont really know which one would work best on my system. I mostly use my computer for gaming purposes.
My budget is 120-150 euros for the card itself and about 50 for the powersupply

System specs:

Processor:
3,00 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 640
512 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded

Main Circuit Board :
Board: ASRock N68-VS3 UCC
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P1.10 03/04/2011

Memory Modules
4096 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Slot 'DIMM0' has 4096 MB
Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty

Power supply

400 W

geofelt

Titan
A basic GTX750ti is a big jump over your integrated graphics.
It is a very low power card that does not usually need a 6 pin aux power lead.
Some highly overclocked versions do need aux power, so check that.
If your 400w psu has a 6 pin power lead, you could even handle one of those.
Without the need for a 6 pin power lead, the GTX750 is powered entirely by the pcie slot that can deliver up to 75w.

I have little doubt that your 400w psu will do the job.

And... if your os is 64 bit capable, you might look into adding a second ram stick.
If nothing else, even in 32 bit, you will operate in a faster dual channel mode.

Your CPU is going to give you a bottleneck issue with anything above a regular GTX 750, I'm not sure that won't be bottlenecked to be honest. I don't know what 50 euros would buy as far as a power supply goes. Just remember you get what you pay for you can't buy a quality 650w power supply for $20, or even $50. If I was you I think about saving up and getting a new Motherboard, CPU, RAM.(8GB Kit) Then think about a new quality power supply. VGA price performance has been getting better and better by the time your ready you'll should be able to get great value for your euro.

geofelt

Titan
A basic GTX750ti is a big jump over your integrated graphics.
It is a very low power card that does not usually need a 6 pin aux power lead.
Some highly overclocked versions do need aux power, so check that.
If your 400w psu has a 6 pin power lead, you could even handle one of those.
Without the need for a 6 pin power lead, the GTX750 is powered entirely by the pcie slot that can deliver up to 75w.

I have little doubt that your 400w psu will do the job.

And... if your os is 64 bit capable, you might look into adding a second ram stick.
If nothing else, even in 32 bit, you will operate in a faster dual channel mode.

mihovilpuh

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
uhm i dont have an integrated graphic card.....i have radeon hd 5450 1gb and i just need a powersupply that would hold the 750ti if i choose to buy it...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS