Appropriate response time setting for a Hanns-G HL272HPB 27"

lukaspriest

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2012
So I bought this monitor...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254093

I bought it because it's a big fat 27 incher, and it boasts a 2ms response time. That's my problem, however. I don't know how to take advantage of the response time capability due to an ambiguous menu selection.

The only settings for response time are Minimum / Intermediate / Maximum. Which setting do I use to get 2ms?

Logic would dictate that "minimum" (the LEAST amount of time) would be the appropriate setting. I called Hanns-G tech support with this question, and none of them knew. I even got two different answers on two different calls.

Anyone here have experience with Hanns-G monitors and know the appropriate answer?

Solution
It could have to do with the input response time, or possibly another setting that possibly overdrives the monitor? I would try setting it to minimum and see what happens (if anything). Honestly I wouldn't sweat a few ms.

sk1939

Distinguished
It could have to do with the input response time, or possibly another setting that possibly overdrives the monitor? I would try setting it to minimum and see what happens (if anything). Honestly I wouldn't sweat a few ms.

Solution