[SOLVED] Appropriate UPS &PSU for this ryzen 3 2200g build

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf_xd

Reputable
Dec 13, 2018
I'm going to buy a whole new desktop within the minimum budget. So i came up with the idea of ryzen 3 2200g build:
•cpu: ryzen 3 2200g
•mb: gigabyte b450m ds3h
•ram: 2x4gb ddr4 corsair/g-skill
•hdd: seagate 1 TB 7200 rpm
•psu: corsair vs450 450 watt
•dell 18.5" monitor

And i am going to get the cheapest goldenfield or valuetop casing with only 1/2 cooling fans. Is it okay? I am not adding gpu...

And i need a UPS just to let me have the time to shutdown whenever there is a power cut which is very frequent in my country(Bangladesh). I checked on the cheapest ups available named power pack 650va. The link is http://www.bdstall.com/details/power-pac-650va-standby-ups-system-for-computer-15518/
Tell me if this ups can provide me the service i need.

And for the psu, is the vs450 gonna be efficient for my build. It's one of the cheapest 450watt psu in the market. There is thermaltake 450w or antec 450w in the same price.

**This is not going to be a gaming pc. The main tasks will be learning programming, learning data science, surfing web, facebooking and streaming youtube or low-res anime. So let me know if you have any suggestions for an alternate build within this budget..

Your build is fine for what you need, but this is always an alarming things to see: 'And for the psu, is the vs450 gonna be efficient for my build. It's one of the cheapest 450watt psu in the market'

The PSU is as important a component as any other, and I'd argue more important, specially with having a new shiny machine. The VS is an 'OK' unit. If it's new, consider replacing it after 2-3 years, even just at standard use.

Your ram really needs to be at about 3000mhz speeds to get best results specially with those APU's.

Just to be clear, you didn't mention an exact budget cost, or where you might buy from. This could help us recommend alternatives.

yusuf_xd

Reputable
Dec 13, 2018
The vastly available ddr4 are either 2400/3200mhz. 3000/2667 are rare &thus costlier. So it should be ok with 3200mhz i guess.
And i am in Bangladesh where amazon or ebay aren't available and i am going to buy it from local store. The budget is around BDT 40000(around $500). The link i provided provided for the UPS is from an online shop from here. The shop i am going to buy from has a website too. Its www.creatusbd.com

yusuf_xd

Reputable
Dec 13, 2018
Hey scout, the link you provided isn't a correct one. Can you give me the correct one. & Did you mean i should go with another mobo? there isn't any cheap b450 mainboard with 4 ram slots. That's why i picked it. How about a310m mainboards? Give me the link for the rams on the ds3h board...

yusuf_xd

Reputable
Dec 13, 2018
Sorry my bad. I've now corrected them. You can now open the links and thanks a lot for checking. But the one you suggested have only 2 ram slots. I was demanding a 4 slot mainboard because i want to upgrade my rams to 16gb in the future. But i can afford only 8gb for now. Thats why i was thinking about getting 2x4gb now & add 2x4gb later.

I edited my reply with the links. They are corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.