Approximate How Many RTX 2080 Ti Were Sold

Solution
I could say "Seven" or "Twenty Million" neither of those numbers can be disputed. Only NVIDIA knows. They may say something about the 2xxx line of GPUs in their next stock analysts briefing. But specific models... probably not going to get that info, since it is competition sensitive.

kanewolf

Titan
I could say "Seven" or "Twenty Million" neither of those numbers can be disputed. Only NVIDIA knows. They may say something about the 2xxx line of GPUs in their next stock analysts briefing. But specific models... probably not going to get that info, since it is competition sensitive.

Solution

caledbwlch

Prominent
Jan 25, 2018
Agreed; I just looked at their last quarterly earnings report. They don't come anywhere near discussing production units. It may not even be a good indicator, since you have NVIDIA branded cards, but also cards created by third-party companies. The most info you will find is that the first run was sold out, but I would wager that was a carefully controlled volume because of the number of Pascal cards that are still unsold.

Dec 4, 2018

I logged in to this website first time in my life in like 10+ years... Just to say how fkn pathetic those responses were. It drives me nuts how stupid some people are...
If you have nothing to say don't fkn write anything.

I had the same question so I typed it into google and consequently found your post.

It took me about a minute to do an educated guess. And the actual number would be between 100 thousand to 1 million units .(actual figure I got was 140k but that was an extremely rough and extrapolated estimate).

kanewolf

Titan

There has also been 3 months to have data accumulate on the web. This question was asked in September. Your numbers have no more supporting documentation than mine did 3 months ago. It is a competition sensitive number. NVIDIA isn't going to disclose it unless they have to.

I logged in to this website first time in my life in like 10+ years... Just to say how fkn pathetic those responses were. It drives me nuts how stupid some people are...
If you have nothing to say don't fkn write anything.

I had the same question so I typed it into google and consequently found your post.

It took me about a minute to do an educated guess. And the actual number would be between 100 thousand to 1 million units .(actual figure I got was 140k but that was an extremely rough and extrapolated estimate).

Woah, 100k to 1 million, that's a very narrow window. And any links with the info that helped you come up with that "educated guess"?

Dec 4, 2018

I am not entirely sure why do I always have to be the smartest kid on the block...But here we go.

Up to 1 million units sold still holds up today.

Now I was gonna write a really long response. But I've stopped half way...
It is really not my job to educate you, if you want me to educate you pay me money first.
As it stands I've already provided you with a wealth of information. That you can't find anywhere else on the internet.
Up to 1 million units of 2080 TI's sold up to date. (06/Dec/2018)

Just timed myself and it took me ~15 seconds to do that rough educated estimate...
And another ~15 seconds for a reality check, that my number is within the margin of correct figure.

The more time I spend on this the better the educated guess will be. Doesn't mean that the number will skew in either direction, but the guess itself will have less marginal volatility, and better precision. But you will have to pay me money for that.