apps crashing as soon as i open them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrowan

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
I have windows 10 and as soon as i open apps like netflix they just crash after about 1 second but also when i am looking for new apps on the app store when i click on a new app i want the app store crashes

Solution
Hello,

You may have to fix your Windows Store in order to do so, please try the following;

1. Press Windows Key + Q, type powershell and select Windows PowerShell from the results, right click over it and choose Run as administrator.

2. In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, type following command and hit Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3 .Once the command is successfully executed, you can close Windows PowerShell and reboot the machine. After restarting the system, problems with apps on your Windows should be fixed.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Hello,

You may have to fix your Windows Store in order to do so, please try the following;

1. Press Windows Key + Q, type powershell and select Windows PowerShell from the results, right click over it and choose Run as administrator.

2. In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, type following command and hit Enter key:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3 .Once the command is successfully executed, you can close Windows PowerShell and reboot the machine. After restarting the system, problems with apps on your Windows should be fixed.

Solution

CPU Fan

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

Can you tell me exactly what this does? I did it on my win 10 install that I don't really care about since its a dual boot machine for the sole purpose of using mobile apps on my pc. Anyway, it ran a lengthy process where it appeared to be installing a lot of built in windows stuff (calculator, etc). It did complete, but says a few things weren't able to be completed because files to be modified were currently in use. Apps are still crashing within a few seconds of launching as well...

Wick422

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2014

None of the solutions worked for me except this one.

**Go to c:\program files in explorer
**Change explorers settings temporarily to show hidden files AND system files
**Right click on now viewable WindowsApps directory and we are going into security.
**Take ownership of all the files with your primary admin account or the user you are logged in as. Also add 'all application packages' and yourself with full rights after taking ownership.
**Run PowerShell as an admin and re-register all of the packages
**You should see very few if any errors during this, if you are then I'd look back at your ownership and rights on the windowsapp dir.

Thanks to jkelek at reddit for the solution.

vayapp

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

When I did what you asked, my start menu gone mad. When I'm trying to move any tilebox or any shortcut, it stays always in edit mode and can't move anything. So how can I move back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS