Question Apps on Windows keep closing/crashing

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
I recently switched from an HDD to an SSD, reinstalled windows and purchased a license for it since I've always had the free version of Win10. Since then, my open applications randomly crash/close (mostly Firefox, FiveM and Discord). Why is this happening?

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the times of the crashes.
I found out what it is. It says I'm running low on memory even tho I have 16 gigs and usually only 60% of it is actually being used even while gaming+youtube+recording. How can I fix this? I think that my system is actually using only my pagefile instead of my RAM.

Ralston18

Titan
System specs?

What RAM configuration?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Double check by sight and feel that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Run Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to determine what processes are using memory and to what extent.

In Task Manager, look at the Performance tab and select Memory.

Ralston18

Titan
More system specs and details:

Motherboard - make and model?

CPU

RAM (make and model) You mentioned both so I understand that you have 2 x 8GB modules installed. Matched set kit for dual channel use - correct?

Drive(s) make, model, capacity, how full?

PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Attached peripherals

Network connection: wired, wireless

===========

If you boot into Safe Mode - does the memory usage change?

Reference the motherboard's User Manual to verify that you installed compatible RAM and that the modules are installed in the correct slots.

Mockingjason

Commendable
May 22, 2019
More system specs and details:

Motherboard - make and model?

CPU

RAM (make and model) You mentioned both so I understand that you have 2 x 8GB modules installed. Matched set kit for dual channel use - correct?

Drive(s) make, model, capacity, how full?

PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Attached peripherals

Network connection: wired, wireless

===========

If you boot into Safe Mode - does the memory usage change?

Reference the motherboard's User Manual to verify that you installed compatible RAM and that the modules are installed in the correct slots.
I fixed it, it was something with my RAM. It was running at a 60% usage @Idle when it's 16GBs of memory, so when I was gaming or rendering it went up to 100%.