[SOLVED] Apps Save Wifi Password?

Oct 20, 2021
Some Wifi Cameras and smart devices etc apps saved wifi password but i want answers of some questions?

(1)These apps saved wifi passwords in apps cloud or in devices like mobile storage?

(2)These wifi passwords linked with user account or device i mean wifi password synced with only user account or when device setup with app?

Solution
It would be nice if everything was safe inside your house but I have seen a number of devices that the configuration is keep in the cloud including the wifi passwords. Garbage like this is why things like ring cameras and nest smart stuff gets hacked.

You are just going to have to be very careful what devices and apps you use.

There are way to many lazy people that don't want to make any effort to keep their stuff secure. They want to take stuff out the box read nothing and it just work. Can only fault the companies so far when the end consumer is a idiot.

USAFRet

Titan
Some Wifi Cameras and smart devices etc apps saved wifi password but i want answers of some questions?

(1)These apps saved wifi passwords in apps cloud or in devices like mobile storage?

(2)These wifi passwords linked with user account or device i mean wifi password synced with only user account or when device setup with app?
That depends entirely on the device in question.

It would be nice if everything was safe inside your house but I have seen a number of devices that the configuration is keep in the cloud including the wifi passwords. Garbage like this is why things like ring cameras and nest smart stuff gets hacked.

You are just going to have to be very careful what devices and apps you use.

There are way to many lazy people that don't want to make any effort to keep their stuff secure. They want to take stuff out the box read nothing and it just work. Can only fault the companies so far when the end consumer is a idiot.

Solution