• Find an incredible deal for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Share those epic bargains with the community by posting them in this forum thread!

Question Apps take 1 minute to connect to the Internet

Nov 12, 2019
All software on my laptop takes around 1 minute to have internet access, every time they're opened. My laptop in general has access already but the apps take a while to connect. This happens every time I close them and open them. This includes UTorrent, all web browsers (Opera, Chrome, Edge and firefox), Steam and a few others. So I'm guessing it's not a problem with the applications per say? I hope someone can help me :/ It's not a major issue but it is annoying. It may be a firewall issue? I've checked the settings and adjusted them myself to no avail. Resetting them to default settings didn't work either.

Grobe

Distinguished
Do you have installed some firewall software?

Do you have a large host file ?

Is there more than one antivirus program installed on that computer?

Can you remember to have make any changes/settings or installed/uninstalled any piece of software before you first noticed the problem ?

Nov 12, 2019
Yes i had downloaded game cheats recently, trying out which ones worked. BTW, sorry for long overdue response but I managed to fix it. I think one of the cheats had setup a proxy server for my internet connection without me knowing. Once I disabled that, it was back to normal. Thanks Grobe. <3 much love and sorry again for keeping you waiting.

ASK THE COMMUNITY