[SOLVED] APU and GPU ?

muhammad_32

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2015
Hi there, i am confused on what is an apu . I mean how does a person play warzone on pc with amd ryzen 3 processor saying without gpu. So he doesn't have a gpu in pc ? I mean how does he plug in the monitor to the cpu??. The vga cable slot in the motherboard?? Or what is it. Plz. Someone gave me a ryzen 3 as a gift with a motherboard. And everything. How do i play warzone without a gpu?? Thanks

Solution
G'dday M8!

APU is basically a CPU and GPU all rolled into one. You will find people calling that sort of system as a IGPU, built-in graphics, or onboard graphics. Whether you can do it will depend on what particular model of Ryzen 3 you have.

As a general rule of thumb, Ryzen models ending in a G, are APU's and have inbuilt graphics. It also needs a motherboard that supports APU's and has a video connector on the actual motherboard.

Can you write what it says on the Ryzen 3, and the make/model of the motherboard?

{GoofyOne's 2c worth .... which may or may not be actually worth 2c}

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
G'dday M8!

APU is basically a CPU and GPU all rolled into one. You will find people calling that sort of system as a IGPU, built-in graphics, or onboard graphics. Whether you can do it will depend on what particular model of Ryzen 3 you have.

As a general rule of thumb, Ryzen models ending in a G, are APU's and have inbuilt graphics. It also needs a motherboard that supports APU's and has a video connector on the actual motherboard.

Can you write what it says on the Ryzen 3, and the make/model of the motherboard?

Reactions: punkncat
Solution

muhammad_32

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2015
G'dday M8!

Hi there mate, thanks for the reply. Its a 3200g ryzen 3, so i guess it is an apu. As i checked on Google.