[SOLVED] APU + GPU

I currently run a ryzen 5 3400G,im not a big gamer and mostly use my pc as a home computer and htpc and was just wondering would my system benefit if i bought a Sapphire RX 550 Pulse Graphics card, 4GB GDDR5?

Solution
Honestly, the RX550 card is a rather low end and a few years old.

The Vega IGPU probably offers similar or slightly better performance.

If you arent doing more than casual gaming, the GPU in the 3400g should be rather good. Great for media playback and general usage, so you probably wouldn't benefit from a GPU for your usage, and especially not a low-end one like an RX550.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Unless your system is struggling in some fashion, I don't see any reason to put anymore money into it. Unless you need the extra outputs, while your system MAY benefit from having the card, I'm not sure you'd notice any difference.

-Wolf sends

Honestly, the RX550 card is a rather low end and a few years old.

The Vega IGPU probably offers similar or slightly better performance.

If you arent doing more than casual gaming, the GPU in the 3400g should be rather good. Great for media playback and general usage, so you probably wouldn't benefit from a GPU for your usage, and especially not a low-end one like an RX550.

Solution
Are you seeing situations where you think you might not have enough graphics power?

What I'm saying is....if it's running fine for you I would leave it alone.

Although, if you are getting low fps in games or having issues with graphically intense programs then I would consider a gpu.