APU to Nvidia Card

Treyhu2014

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
I have mainly best an Intel builder, but I have recently tried to put together an extremely entry level gaming PC for around $400.

Specs:
AMD A6-6400K APU 3.9ghz
Asus A55BM-E
EVGA GTX 660
Roswell 650 Simi-Modular 80 plus Bronze PSU
4 GB G.skill low profile memory

I was wondering, do I have to download the APU drivers for it to work correctly or is it going to bottleneck my GPU. I first installed the 660 in my main rig to see if it worked. Tried out only CS:GO and it run great. Now its about 30-60 fps on the low profile rig. I knew there would be a great step down, going from a overclocked 4790K to a dual core APU, but CS really isn't a demanding game. In fact, I tried the game on just the APU integrated GPU and it looks like it runs the same. Anyone have any advice of what I should do?

Solution
Pretty bad idea to get an APU like this. They are only made to use if you ain't gaming or using a dedicated GPU. For a build with gtx 660 you should have bought something like 860k at least. And CS is a CPU intensive game that is your bottleneck.
Pretty bad idea to get an APU like this. They are only made to use if you ain't gaming or using a dedicated GPU. For a build with gtx 660 you should have bought something like 860k at least. And CS is a CPU intensive game that is your bottleneck.

Solution

Treyhu2014

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Well, I built this system like 2 years ago and gave it to a friend. They bought some new parts recently and it is was it it is now.

TRENDING THREADS